37 weeks pregnant today and 4 cm dilated 50% effaced Dorian West Due April 23; Texas 3 posts
29th Mar '13

I went to my ob appt. on the 1st and found out i was 4 cm dilated. I have been doing fine except for today. Im extremely exhausted. I slept all morning and just woke up from a nap again. I am having a decent amount of pain in my lower back and my cramping has gone from just being in my abdomen to being all over my tummy. (Anyone experience this?) I have been losing my mucus plug for two days now. But no bloody show. And my contractions arent timing right but they are def. becoming stronger. My OB says im not going to make it to my due date. Therefore, I'm stuck here wondering when my LO is going to be here. This is my first child so i am completely lost and am finding no answers from previous questions from other moms. I also have had loose bowels(TMI i know) and nauseated for most of today. I know my LO has dropped for i feel more pressure in my pelvis and less pressure in my ribs. Does anyone know what might be going on with me today? Did anyone else experience what i am going through and if so was it because labor was near or because of something else? Please help. I am kinda lost and want to know whats happening with my body.

round3 3 kids; Ontario 214 posts
29th Mar '13

lol I have a feeling thats not what you were trying to say ;) Im due within a couple days of you whats up?

Dorian West Due April 23; Texas 3 posts
29th Mar '13
Quoting round3:" lol I have a feeling thats not what you were trying to say ;) Im due within a couple days of you whats up?"

pressed enter too quick. above is my concerns.

round3 3 kids; Ontario 214 posts
29th Mar '13

How are you due May 6th but are 37 weeks if Im due May 1st and am 35 and 2 days? anyways... Im 3cm, fully effaced and experiencing most of the same things you have mentioned. Either of us could potentially go into labor tonight or not a few more weeks, its impossible to tell for sure. This is my 3rd and I know that with my other two I never really had any major "signs" leading up to labor and delivery, it just kind of happened. Good luck when it does! :)

Dorian West Due April 23; Texas 3 posts
29th Mar '13
Quoting round3:" How are you due May 6th but are 37 weeks if Im due May 1st and am 35 and 2 days? anyways... Im 3cm, fully ... [snip!] ... two I never really had any major "signs" leading up to labor and delivery, it just kind of happened. Good luck when it does! :)"

May 6th was my "first due date."
then i found out i was further along.

♥BakedACake♥ 2 kids; Hillsboro, Missouri 2961 posts
29th Mar '13
Quoting Dorian West:" I went to my ob appt. on the 1st and found out i was 4 cm dilated. I have been doing fine except for ... [snip!] ... labor was near or because of something else? Please help. I am kinda lost and want to know whats happening with my body."

I felt like that the night my water broke. (The lower back pain and stomach cramping) but it went away after 30 minutes and 4 hours later my water broke. I was 4CM dilated but I was also 39 weeks and 5 days. I let her come on her own (minus using primrose oil tablets) So you could still go until your due date.

NICKEL☮POLIS 2 kids; Ontario 6263 posts
29th Mar '13

It boggles my mind that women can get to 4 cm without being in obvious labour.. I don't know whether to be jealous or not lol.

Kelsey1987 4 kids; 1 angel baby; Utah 745 posts
30th Mar '13

I got to 5 cm with my son and was like that for a week and I was not in labor. It's common when you have more children.