39 weeks 5cm dilated Kadi Berry Due April 3 (boy); Berwyn, Illinois 29 posts
31st Mar '13

Im due 4/4 in 4 days i went to the doctor thursday and i was 5cm i got sent to the hospital and got sent home a hour later because i was told my contractions were not strong enough has anyone else been dilated to 5 before going into labor? And i go back to the doctor on my due date i wonder if il get induced??

Magic Mommy 3 kids; Vermont 1274 posts
31st Mar '13

That makes no sense. If your due date is a week away, your 5cm, most drs would at that point have you come in. I was 4 1/2 cm at 39 weeks and a few days away from my due date and they induced me.because they didn't want to risk infection

♥MamaToS&O♥ 2 kids; ., IL, United States 11774 posts
status 31st Mar '13

I had a friend who was a 5 for a week before her due date. She went into labor the morning of her due date.

I wouldn't induce. You're close enough. Wait it out :) Not much longer!

Jennybananna 2 kids; Gilbert, AZ, United States 25079 posts
31st Mar '13

I was 5cm and having consistent contractions without change. I was 39 weeks 2 days. I was given the option of going or staying. They broke my water and 1 hour 45 minutes later I had a baby. No pitocin or anything.

Kadi Berry Due April 3 (boy); Berwyn, Illinois 29 posts
31st Mar '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Magic Mommy:</b>" That makes no sense. If your due date is a week away, your 5cm, most drs would at that point have you ... [snip!] ... I was 4 1/2 cm at 39 weeks and a few days away from my due date and they induced me.because they didn't want to risk infection"</blockquote>

They wont induce me unless its after my due date.. She said theres no reason to

mom of three 3 kids; Missouri 6240 posts
31st Mar '13

Dont induce, your halfway dilated! Labor should be pretty easy and quick for you!

P Pickle Pants 98 kids; California 20522 posts
31st Mar '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting ♥MamaToSilas♥:</b>" I had a friend who was a 5 for a week before her due date. She went into labor the morning of her due date. I wouldn't induce. You're close enough. Wait it out :) Not much longer!"</blockquote>

This!

Why add the danger of induction?

Jaimee Yeager Due May 5; Japan 1 posts
31st Mar '13

I agree with the other ladies. I was 5cm for 2 weeks before labor started. You should have a nice quick labor since you half way there. Being dilated doesn't increase your risk of infection.