32 wks... [.The Tiger Mistress*.] Due May 22; 3 kids; Sebring, Florida 2063 posts
31st Mar '13

So I'm 32 weeks but the other night I was feeling absolutely horrible, sweaty palms, heart racing, dizzy..contractions, nauseated.. so I went to the hospital.. when I got hooked to the monitors her heartbeat was fluctuating between 198-210 and mine was between 130 and 150. they had no idea what was going on.. I was terrified, but once they pumped me with fluids for about two hours they got our heart rate somewhats normal and an ob that was on call that I absolutely hate and completely think she should no longer be able to practice medicine told them i could go home even though all the nurses thought i should get a BPP because even though our heart rates were down her movement had also drastically decreased. I've never had something like this happen before and i've had a couple episodes since I left the hospital where I've been getting the same feelings / symptoms.. has anyone had this problem before? Do you maybe have a personal experience like mine? I'm just really scared.. our heart rates were way up there.. and i've NEVER had a problem like that before. .also I'm really scared of the upcoming csection..i've had 2 before but for some reason i have a really bad feeling..im worried about it. idk maybe im being paranoid.

A, E & W's mommy Due October 21; Bulgaria 15280 posts
31st Mar '13

Did you pass your GD test? I get like that when my sugars are super high

Jennybananna 2 kids; Gilbert, AZ, United States 25079 posts
31st Mar '13

Were you dehydrated? If you dont feel good about the medical advice you got go see your doctor or go back to the hospital.

Squeaky McGee 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Indiana 63810 posts
31st Mar '13

I don't have any personal experience, but did you have a fever at all? Have you been sick lately or are you possibly sick now? All of those symptoms are definitely related to dehydration, but the fetal tachycardia can be a reaction to infection in the mother.

[.The Tiger Mistress*.] Due May 22; 3 kids; Sebring, Florida 2063 posts
31st Mar '13
Quoting Jennybananna:" Were you dehydrated? If you dont feel good about the medical advice you got go see your doctor or go back to the hospital."

no they even made a point to tell me my urine was great and i wasn't dehydrated. the nurses were absolutely stumped. I actually havent done my glucose test yet. I'm scheduled for Tuesday.

[.The Tiger Mistress*.] Due May 22; 3 kids; Sebring, Florida 2063 posts
31st Mar '13
Quoting Squeaky McGee [22 wks]:" I don't have any personal experience, but did you have a fever at all? Have you been sick lately or are ... [snip!] ... those symptoms are definitely related to dehydration, but the fetal tachycardia can be a reaction to infection in the mother."

They thought the same thing but no dehydration and no I'm not sick, and wasn't sick then. :( I wish it were that simple.. i feel like somethings wrong. Idk how to explain, I've just got a bad vibe about it and the episodes really do scare me because they make me feel absolutely horrible. I even get dots in front of my eyes so bad it's like glitter is floating in the air.

Squeaky McGee 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Indiana 63810 posts
31st Mar '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting [.The Tiger Mistress*.]:</b>" They thought the same thing but no dehydration and no I'm not sick, and wasn't sick then. :( I wish ... [snip!] ... they make me feel absolutely horrible. I even get dots in front of my eyes so bad it's like glitter is floating in the air. "</blockquote>

But if your rapid heart rate resolved with IV fluids, then you were at least slightly dehydrated. How was your blood pressure? Did they check your blood sugar?

31st Mar '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting [.The Tiger Mistress*.]:</b>" They thought the same thing but no dehydration and no I'm not sick, and wasn't sick then. :( I wish ... [snip!] ... they make me feel absolutely horrible. I even get dots in front of my eyes so bad it's like glitter is floating in the air. "</blockquote>

Also a symptom I get with high blood sugar. I would change my diet to try and feel better if it were me, just as an experiment, couldn't hurt anyway

31st Mar '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting [.The Tiger Mistress*.]:</b>" no they even made a point to tell me my urine was great and i wasn't dehydrated. the nurses were absolutely stumped. I actually havent done my glucose test yet. I'm scheduled for Tuesday."</blockquote>

I would also wonder if you weren't dehydrated, if the fluids made you feel better because they flushed out your kidneys. When my sugar is uncontrollably high the first thing they do at the ER is flush my kidneys and I feel much better within the hour.

lynnsaymarie 17 kids; Buffalo, New York 2011 posts
31st Mar '13

Kind of similar but my heartrate ranges from the 90s to 170s. When it gets up there I feel exactly how you described. However in my case baby is not effected. I had an ekg, echo, and holtar done as well as seen a cardiologist. I have no structure abnormalities just sinus tachycardia. I do have diet controlled GD but I've taken my fingerstick during these episodes and its always normal. I would push to have testing done. They don't know what causes this for me other than pregnancy but I would ask to get at least an ekg and echo done. Also, have they checked your thyroid? You could have hyperthyroidism. I'd also keep a diary of what's going on. Note the time it starts, what you're doing, symptoms, heart rate, and when you feel normal again. Hope they figure something out for you! :/

melanie r annas Due May 31; Lenoir, North Carolina 2 posts
31st Mar '13

ive kinda been doing that the past few days.I was just sitting in the recliner relaxing and my heart just started racing for no reason.i wasnt moving i havent been sick or anything.and i noticed that day the babys movement decreased and i felt like i was going to pass out.i have had my glucose test and it came back okay (im 31 weeks) and ive see the spots sometimes.but it hasnt been bad enuff for me to go to the hospitalbut i do got a dr appt. tuesday..i hope everythings okay for you .

lynnsaymarie 17 kids; Buffalo, New York 2011 posts
31st Mar '13

Yeah seeing stars is weird. I usually get that from standing or walking for long periods of time. My heart rate fluctuates all day long though...no real pattern. Its slower at night but I also drink chamomile tea before bed which I think helps. Talk to your doctor before trying that though (if you are thinking about it). Decreased movement is definitely alarming. I get mini panic attacks when I realise I haven't felt my son move in a little bit but then I drink some juice, lay on my left side and he's fine. Was probably just sleeping. Really hope they figure everything out for you and come up with a good plan of care. It's scary when you don't know what's going on.