I'm currently 39 weeks. with 6 days left to my due date. I'm barely dialated a fingertip and have been about 70% effaced for a few weeks now. Today i seen the doctors and they said they are going to induce me April 15th. But before that i have to go for a Biophysical profile ultrasound and NST. I know the NTS but i'm worrying about the ultrasound. When i look it up it says it's to check your baby's health and such.. Has anyone else had this done? Is it a typical thing then do when you are over your due date? Are they thinking something could be wrong? I tried to talk to the doctor more but he was in such a rush to get out of the room. (Absolutely dislike him with a passion!!)
I had one weekly from 30 weeks to 37 when I had her. It is just an ultrasound to measure the baby. I enjoyed seeing her each week. I had GD and they did it to make sure she wasn't getting too big.
Quoting Kelly White Ferriola:" I'm currently 39 weeks. with 6 days left to my due date. I'm barely dialated a fingertip and have been ... [snip!] ... I tried to talk to the doctor more but he was in such a rush to get out of the room. (Absolutely dislike him with a passion!!)"
I was induced & 41 weeks with all 3 of mine! They did an ultrasound before induction but that was it!
They must be doing it to make sure he isn't getting too big then because they said he was a pretty big baby! 8 lbs they were thinking by my due date. My bf was 9.10 and now he is like a skinny twig so i blame him for the big baby! Thanks for the quick responses!
i had it done when i was about 30 weeks. they just do and ultrasound and make sure the baby is moving and breathing. they count their movements and they have a certian amount of time to get all their movements in. im not sure what they do if the baby doesnt pass.
I had one when I was over due as well. They check the babys growth, vitals, and the fluid levels. mine showed that my fluid levels were getting low
Did they take you in sooner since your fluid was getting low?
Quoting Kelly White Ferriola:" Did they take you in sooner since your fluid was getting low?"
they wanted to induce me the next day but I asked to wait an extra day to see if stripping my membranes would put me into labour naturally, and it did!