22 Weeks - Baby not moving for a few days mommabyrd Due August 27; 1 child; 2 angel babies; Niagara Falls, New York 115 posts
3rd Apr '13

Hi all. This is my first concern that I've posted. I've overweight and I started to feel the baby kick about 2 1/2 weeks ago. He was always very active, especially right after I ate something sweet or had a large meal, he would start kicking away. Well this past Sunday (3 days ago) I woke up feeling horrible. My back hurt, my stomach felt uneasy, and my head hurt. I ate Easter dinner and ate a lot of candy, had a bowel movement (sorry TMI) and then took a nap, when I woke up, I felt a lot better. But now I haven't really felt him move since then. I though I felt a solid kick yesterday, but only one. I'm not stressing completely yet, but I've had 2 miscarriages and we're so excited that I've made it this far, it would be devastating to have something happen (even though I know it's always possible).

I have a checkup this Monday, so only 5 days away, and I just had a checkup last Tuesday because I have a cyst on my back that won't drain. What do you other momma's think, should I call early or give it until my next appointment? I mean it's not like they can do much for me at this point, whatever happens will happen, there is no way the baby could survive right now. I'm sorry to sound stressed, but I'm trying to keep my cool about this. I really hope that I'm just a over paranoid new mother!!

This ish is bananas TTC since Mar 2014; 1 child; Georgia 1774 posts
3rd Apr '13

You should go to the er and be checked if you haven't felt any movement for days.

GavinsMomJohnnysWife 2 kids; Texas 2789 posts
3rd Apr '13

Try drinking some cold juice and laying down to see if you can feel the baby move, and give your ob a call.

LoveMyBubbaBoy 2 kids; Michigan 3190 posts
3rd Apr '13

My ob says that the baby is still small. They usually don't worry about regular movement until around 28 weeks. If you are worried (I'm a worrier) call your ob office and ask! They will let you know what to do! :) The baby could be in a different position where you can't feel the kicks as well. Good luck!

lynnsaymarie Due June 26; 1 child; 1 angel baby; Western, NY, United States 3824 posts
3rd Apr '13

Drink some juice and lay on your left side. If you don't feel anything in an hour or so call your OB. You are still early in your pregnancy for movement and baby is small so it could be the way baby is positioned. I know when I first started feeling movement it was only a couple times a day. Your OB would know better though.

Dillinger 1 child; ........, .., United States 16753 posts
3rd Apr '13

If you're worried you can call your ob, but at 22 weeks it's still kind of iffy to feel regular movement. I'm 30 weeks and if she is closer to my back the only way I can feel her moving is if she stretches out or is sitting on my bladder. She's small for her GA.

AidensMama101107 18 kids; Wichita, Kansas 3453 posts
3rd Apr '13

I get nervous too. I'm only 20 weeks though and like you over weight so to make myself feel better i got one of those heart beat monitors i cant hear her heart beat but i sure can hear her moving around. Which helps a lot after my last m/c.

mommabyrd Due August 27; 1 child; 2 angel babies; Niagara Falls, New York 115 posts
3rd Apr '13

I called my OB and she asked me to come in right away. I'm leaving work now and I'll post later today with an update. Wish me luck! I'm really trying to not stress because I know it's not good for the baby anyways. Happy thoughts!!

AidensMama101107 18 kids; Wichita, Kansas 3453 posts
3rd Apr '13

Hope all is well.

Isabel Leigh's Mommy 17 kids; Scott, Louisiana 138 posts
3rd Apr '13

Go and get checked out if you haven't felt movement for days...don't wait 5 days till your appointment.

Isabel Leigh's Mommy 17 kids; Scott, Louisiana 138 posts
3rd Apr '13
Quoting Melanie Byrd:" I called my OB and she asked me to come in right away. I'm leaving work now and I'll post later today ... [snip!] ... an update. Wish me luck! I'm really trying to not stress because I know it's not good for the baby anyways. Happy thoughts!!"

Just saw this, I am glad you called and I wish you the best! I went in at 26 weeks for same thing and as soon as they put me on the monitor she started moving. I hope all goes well!!
Rachelbabyxx 1 child; Nottingham, United Kingdom 405 posts
3rd Apr '13

Go get checked just to b safe. Bare in mind that baby's sleep all the time :)

LilMamma51013 1 child; Minnesota 159 posts
3rd Apr '13

You arent supposed to be feeling consistent kicks until about 28 weeks that when you should start kick counts so i wouldnt worry to much but if it will make you feel better you can always go in & hear the heart beat. When i dont feel kicks all day i just poke at my belly & talk to him & drink a cold glass of water it usually works for me.

mommabyrd Due August 27; 1 child; 2 angel babies; Niagara Falls, New York 115 posts
4th Apr '13

Hi all, sorry I didn't post last night, my internet at home wasn't working. Everything is fine. The baby's heartbeat was around 145/150. My ob said that it seems like he moved into a new position where I probably can't feel him as well as before. It even took her a couple of minutes to find him (which was a little scary).

I feel so much better and she agreed with most of you that while I've started to feel him for a couple weeks that I don't have to worry about regular movement for another 4-6 weeks. She said to start my kick counts around 26/28 weeks. I still haven't felt him but I it's not bothering me because I know he's okay and doing well!

I appreciate all of your comments and thank you for your input. This was the first thing this entire pregnancy where I was kind of fretting about it. Thank you to all!!

LoveMyBubbaBoy 2 kids; Michigan 3190 posts
4th Apr '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting mommabyrd:</b>" Hi all, sorry I didn't post last night, my internet at home wasn't working. Everything is fine. The baby's ... [snip!] ... you for your input. This was the first thing this entire pregnancy where I was kind of fretting about it. Thank you to all!!"</blockquote>

Glad you got that peace of mind! That's why your doctors there! :) so happy everyone is well.