40 weeks and nothing SunMoonStars Due April 2; Syracuse, New York 72 posts
3rd Apr '13

I am 40 weeks today and the doc told me yesterday i am a fingertip (nothing) dilated and ABOUT 20% thinned. But the baby is very high. The only difference from last check is my cervix is facing the front more and is lower. I dont know exactly what that means. I cant go past 41 weeks because i have had to c sections and opted for a trial of labor (scared). So my section is set for wed and im hoping i go into labor before then. The baby wont drop and im wondering what happened if this happened to you.

mom of three 3 kids; Missouri 5488 posts
3rd Apr '13

you do realize its possible that your only 38 weeks and baby isnt ready to come? Why cant you go over 41 weeks? If you nor baby are in danger, just relax and let things work naturally... LO will come down when the time comes.

peekin3 Racine, Wisconsin 289 posts
3rd Apr '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting SunMoonStars:</b>" I am 40 weeks today and the doc told me yesterday i am a fingertip (nothing) dilated and ABOUT 20% thinned. ... [snip!] ... for wed and im hoping i go into labor before then. The baby wont drop and im wondering what happened if this happened to you. "</blockquote>

Same thing with DS...NO signs of impending birth. Also high and wouldn't drop... two days later I go into labor and start to dilate rapidly but he was still high. My water wouldn't break so they broke it and then realized I was carrying so much fluid that he couldnt sink down. There was too much fluid stuck in front of him lol it toom ten mins to have him after the broke my water... he took the water slide out :-) and there was still so much fluid after he was out that it flooded the room and filled the docs shoes LOL

SunMoonStars Due April 2; Syracuse, New York 72 posts
4th Apr '13

Tristan and Liams mommy first of all my kids names are Triston and Liam so that's too funny. Second of all I know she will come when she's ready I didn't ask when she'd come i asked about her dropping and if anyone has been through it. The doc won't let me go past 41 weeks because risk of rupture goes up. I am relaxed a wasn't frantic when I asked the question just simply curious. I've never been this far in a pregnancy so just wondering about the whole dropping thing and such. She's always measured bigger than my due date and I know when I conceived so she's not 38 weeks.