20 week ultrasound Sam's Mummy Due August 23; 1 child; Seattle, Washington 535 posts
4th Apr '13

I went for my 20 week ultrasound a week ago, the baby wasn't being very cooperative and the tech couldn't see the gender of the baby. He then blurted out boy...but he had no image of it. So from there on we went on believing we had a boy. Yesterday I had my 20 week appt with my OBGYN. She said the gender is not confirmed and I have to have another ultrasound mid-May.

Anyone else have this happen?

bloopbloop♥ 1 child; Illinois 13791 posts
status 4th Apr '13

We were told boy at 20 weeks but we had no image of it...so I didn't 100% believe it. The tech was so rude. It was confirmed and we SAW at 25 weeks.

mama2manyyy 33 kids; South Carolina 1823 posts
4th Apr '13

I was told the baby was a boy at the 20 week scan but they didn't confirm it until later even though there were a very obvious set of balls on the monitor.

BunnyGirl19 Due December 13; 3 kids; 10 angel babies; Oregon 16901 posts
4th Apr '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Sam's Mummy:</b>" I went for my 20 week ultrasound a week ago, the baby wasn't being very cooperative and the tech couldn't ... [snip!] ... my OBGYN. She said the gender is not confirmed and I have to have another ultrasound mid-May. Anyone else have this happen? "</blockquote>

Why would they have you get another scan because sex isn't confirmed? That's irrelevant unless you have the possibility of passing on a sex-linked disorder, in which case they'd do an amnio or CVS to be sure.

Sam's Mummy Due August 23; 1 child; Seattle, Washington 535 posts
4th Apr '13
Quoting BunnyGirl19:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Sam's Mummy:</b>" I went for my 20 week ultrasound a week ago, ... [snip!] ... unless you have the possibility of passing on a sex-linked disorder, in which case they'd do an amnio or CVS to be sure."

She is having me do another ultrasound because of other complications I'm having as well...

Lauralie89 3 kids; Pennsylvania 2244 posts
4th Apr '13

With DS3 my doctor went back and forth on whether he was boy/girl the whole pregnancy. I even had an u/s the day before I had him and still couldn't tell.

Rachel Kocourek Due July 30 (girl); Whitesburg, Georgia 1 posts
4th Apr '13

I didn't have that problem my DD pretty much flashed the world and then went about punching herself in the face. I think you probably just have a bad tech i mean its either a hamburger or a hotdog