8 month old gritting teeth. Help! .Jezebel. 1 child; Sumter, South Carolina 9527 posts
6th Apr '13

He's had his 2 bottoms for a few weeks now and just recently got one of his tops. I can hear him rubbing them together.

Not only is that one of my biggest pet peeves and is driving me crazy but I know it's bad for him.

How do I get him to stop?

user banned 17 kids; Boston, MA, United States 9473 posts
6th Apr '13

you can give him something soft to chew on but i remember logan did that, it was just a short phase.
i think its pretty normal for a little while anyway.

.Jezebel. 1 child; Sumter, South Carolina 9527 posts
6th Apr '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting cunning cuniculi:</b>" you can give him something soft to chew on but i remember logan did that, it was just a short phase. i think its pretty normal for a little while anyway. "</blockquote>

Probably because they are new? That's what I was hoping. That noise drives me crazy. :/

Crystal 3 kids; Hephzibah, Georgia 15566 posts
6th Apr '13

I know it's really really annoying to hear, but all of my LO's did it once they got teeth on both the top and bottom. They got over it pretty quickly though. Just another new sensation.

.Jezebel. 1 child; Sumter, South Carolina 9527 posts
6th Apr '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Crystal Marie S.:</b>" I know it's really really annoying to hear, but all of my LO's did it once they got teeth on both the top and bottom. They got over it pretty quickly though. Just another new sensation."</blockquote>

It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Well thanks ladies, this gives me hope. :D