1 year old eating. help please.. AbbieChrysler3312 32 kids; Ohio 1041 posts
7th Apr '13

My daughter is 13 months and has always been a picky eater but the last coupple weeks its gotten worse she will only eat a few things. Well the last 2 or three days its been even worse to the point that I am lucky if i get her to eat 5 bites of soemething. Her pedi already told us to give her two pediasures a day because she is in the 10th percentile for her weight and she use to be in the 50th like three months ago..and now i cant get her to drink her pediasure either. Anyone have any advice on what I can do to get her to eat? She will literally starve herself rather than eating even when she tells me shes hungry she wont.eat. im going to make an apt for her monday but to could use advice in the mean time. Thanks in advance...

Flag Due May 1; 1 child; Newmarket, Ontario 1699 posts
7th Apr '13

She won't starve herself. Do you let her feed herself? LO will only eat things she can feed herself.

Just give her a wide variety- there will be things she likes, and things she won't. Just keep offering.

A, E & W's mommy 4 kids; 1 angel baby; Bulgaria 16511 posts
7th Apr '13

Will she drink milk?

AbbieChrysler3312 32 kids; Ohio 1041 posts
7th Apr '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Flag:</b>" She won't starve herself. Do you let her feed herself? LO will only eat things she can feed herself. ... [snip!] ... she can feed herself. Just give her a wide variety- there will be things she likes, and things she won't. Just keep offering."</blockquote>

i try to feed her i try putting it on her high chair ive tried everything. And maybe she wont literally starve but for instance today she has had a couple pieces of cereal 3 or 4 bannana puffs a couple chips and a few sips of pediasure and some lemonade. I have offered her toast waffles cereal and bannanas for breakfast lunch i tried pulled beef mac and cheese rice chips crackers pretzles apples banannas lettuce from my salad pediasure lemonade and milk. She keeps saying eat and more but wont eat anything.

AbbieChrysler3312 32 kids; Ohio 1041 posts
7th Apr '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting A, E & W's mommy:</b>" Will she drink milk?"</blockquote>

No. Ive tried chocolate syrup strawberry syrup and regular milk. She will take a couple sips and throw her sippy or the cup its in and she hates all dairy products. Milk cheese yogurt icecream. Everything..