60 cents for each coupon? Moon*Siren 3 kids; 3 angel babies; Williamstown, Kentucky 2136 posts
7th Apr '13

So last time I went to use coupons with my EBT (foodstamps), Kroger told me they had to charge me 60 cents per coupon. Is this true? And can I use coupons with EBT? Because regardless I would like to save money even though its on my card.

Allys_mommy 33 kids; Waterloo, New York 1194 posts
7th Apr '13

in ny you can use coupons with ebt and wic if you want we dont that store here so i couldnt tell you about chargeing for coupons whats the point if they charge you to use the coupons

lilmzzgreeneyez *NMOA* 21 kids; Sherwood, Arkansas 17987 posts
7th Apr '13

you pay taxes on coupons. I never had to pay 60 cents per. I remember buying food at Kroger a month or so ago and I used at least 6 or 7 coupons and I was charged like 50 cents or so at the most that wasn't covered on my EBT

Moon*Siren 3 kids; 3 angel babies; Williamstown, Kentucky 2136 posts
7th Apr '13
Quoting Allys_mommy:" in ny you can use coupons with ebt and wic if you want we dont that store here so i couldnt tell you about chargeing for coupons whats the point if they charge you to use the coupons"

Well, because I don't have any money, so we use the card for groceries. We are currently in a position where we live with family, I'm sure they wouldn't mind to give us some change but I wanted to make sure just in case. I think its silly they charge for it, because why do they think I'm using the card plus coupons lol. I obviously don't have the money in my pocket. But hopefully I will soon hubby has some interviews lined up. :)

7th Apr '13
Quoting lilmzzgreeneyez *NMOA*:" you pay taxes on coupons. I never had to pay 60 cents per. I remember buying food at Kroger a month or ... [snip!] ... or so ago and I used at least 6 or 7 coupons and I was charged like 50 cents or so at the most that wasn't covered on my EBT"

Ok, gotcha. Everything I got was covered by EBT, the family members we live with buy the stuff not eligible on the card and we buy the food. :)

user banned Due November 26; 1 child; Parkersburg, West Virginia 9548 posts
7th Apr '13

i have never heard of that and we use them all the time

lolajessup 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Beaverton, Michigan 44071 posts
7th Apr '13

Hmm I'm glad you posted this. I was gonna use some coupons today. I guess I'll have to ask first.

❀Sarah❀ 2 kids; Cocking, EU, Europe 123057 posts
7th Apr '13

Whats the point of using coupons then? Seems like most would get canceled out or you'd actually pay to use some.

Allys_mommy 33 kids; Waterloo, New York 1194 posts
7th Apr '13
Quoting ⚓ Sarah ⚓:" Whats the point of using coupons then? Seems like most would get canceled out or you'd actually pay to use some. "

this is what i was saying and its not like the store wouldnt get reimburesd by the company for the use of the coupons

7th Apr '13
Quoting Allys_mommy:" this is what i was saying and its not like the store wouldnt get reimburesd by the company for the use of the coupons"

Yeah, I think its utterly ridiculous, I mean they take tax off when you use EBT in the first place, why make you pay the tax for the coupon? lol

7th Apr '13
Quoting lolajessup:" Hmm I'm glad you posted this. I was gonna use some coupons today. I guess I'll have to ask first."

Yeah, I was quite taken back by it. But I think I will go ahead clip my coupons, then ask someone at walmart which is where I'm going Tuesday to do my grocery shopping lol.

7th Apr '13
Quoting ⚓ Sarah ⚓:" Whats the point of using coupons then? Seems like most would get canceled out or you'd actually pay to use some. "

I thought it would save money lol. But didn't ever think they would charge me tax for the coupon when they dont charge tax on EBT they take it off so you pay no tax. IDK its fubar lol. I frugal as it is and I love discounts, my hubby calls me a penny pincher lol.

user banned Due November 26; 1 child; Parkersburg, West Virginia 9548 posts
7th Apr '13
Quoting Moon*Siren:" I thought it would save money lol. But didn't ever think they would charge me tax for the coupon when ... [snip!] ... it off so you pay no tax. IDK its fubar lol. I frugal as it is and I love discounts, my hubby calls me a penny pincher lol."

i always thought it was like a couple pennies not 60 cents. i think they are funning you bc i have used them at krogers and never paid that much on them

8th Apr '13
Quoting I love Kenzi:" i always thought it was like a couple pennies not 60 cents. i think they are funning you bc i have used them at krogers and never paid that much on them"

Lol, probably or the cashier didn't know, she was a high schooler lol.