3 Year old holding pee? Cindy[+1]♥ 1 child; Kentucky 10428 posts
status 8th Apr '13

Did anyone else's kid do this? Macie had been completely potty trained for 6 months. I have started noticing her holding her pee. Yesterday we were at a birthday party, she told me she had to pee. I got her up the steps going into the house and she ran away from me to continue playing... I kept telling her to come get me when she had to go... She didn't mess herself but she wouldn't let me take her to pee, my SIL had to... This morning she keeps grabbing down there, i tell her to go pee and she says i will in a minute.... Just wondering if this is something most kids do.

mom of three 3 kids; Missouri 5080 posts
8th Apr '13

I think thats normal for little, especially busy bodies! lol.

user banned 2 kids; Minnesota 7318 posts
8th Apr '13

Ya it's normal and annoying, lol. Most kids just don't want to stop what they are doing to go, DD and all her friends do it and will do that potty dance forever before going.

Rista Kat [+ 1.5] Due December 19; 1 child; De Land, Florida 5890 posts
8th Apr '13

*Watching*

My son does the same thing. He always tells me "I just went pee" when really it's been 3-4 hours.

j0des(+2) 18 kids; Virginia 5095 posts
8th Apr '13

My son always does it ugh..

Then when he finally decides its time to go..he pees on me when his pants come off because he cant hold it..or he gets blowback because he is peeing so hard(he still sits down by choice)

user banned 3 kids; Ontario 10942 posts
8th Apr '13

Its normal.

But I would try to talk to her about the risk of infections in a way she can understand.
My dd is almost 5 and has always suffered from bladder issues and got worse at 3 when she was holding it in. She still gets really sick with constant infections (but going on almost 6 months with none) yay thats a big step for her.

Not saying she will get an infection but its not impossible to get one if holding it in too long.

Cindy[+1]♥ 1 child; Kentucky 10428 posts
status 8th Apr '13

Macie has only had two accidents so far. And that was when we first started potty training.. She's done really good. I just didn't know if this was normal or if i should be concerned.

She's only held it for a matter of 1 hour. So, it's nothing big yet.

Cindy[+1]♥ 1 child; Kentucky 10428 posts
status 8th Apr '13
Quoting crazy coupon lady:" Its normal. But I would try to talk to her about the risk of infections in a way she can understand. ... [snip!] ... thats a big step for her. Not saying she will get an infection but its not impossible to get one if holding it in too long."

I know what you mean. :)
I have horrible kidney problems, i had to have two stints put in one of my kidneys about 2 years ago.
& i know how bad infections suck. I used to keep a UTI.

user banned 3 kids; Ontario 10942 posts
8th Apr '13
Quoting Cindy[+1]♥:" I know what you mean. :) I have horrible kidney problems, i had to have two stints put in one of my kidneys about 2 years ago. & i know how bad infections suck. I used to keep a UTI. "

It does suck :( my lo gets so sick from utis, where she stops eating and drinking for days at a time, refuses meds and when we hide it in food or drinks thats when she stops eating and drinking, she gets paranoid there is something in everything. So when she gets them we have to go to the ER a few times a day so they can give her meds :( its tiring and frustrating. She finaly just got up to 40lbs in weight, she under 30lbs for ever and was 20lbs at 4 months old.
But her drinking 3% milk helped the weight gain, its been a long road with her and UTI's.