33 weeks pregnant...season change AshUHHleeee 18 kids; Chesapeake, Virginia 7209 posts
8th Apr '13

So as the title says, I'm 33 weeks and its finally getting warm out! My problem is that I have no shorts that fit, and I don't want to go out and buy any with only 7 or less weeks left to go. Seems like a waste of money for a 40 dollar pair of shorts I'll never wear again. Anyone have this problem? Have any solutions?!

White Chocolate Milk 1 child; Chelsea, Alabama 12303 posts
8th Apr '13

Get a belly band and wear your old shorts lol. or just get a rubber band and ghetto rig it so they will stay on.

Maybe try looking at a consignment shop. I found some of my great maternity clothes there, for just a few bucks.

lilmzzgreeneyez *NMOA* 21 kids; Sherwood, Arkansas 17987 posts
8th Apr '13

same problem here. I visit local thrift stores but I don't ever see plus size maternity clothes in there. (I am a 2x) but you should try those places. usually shorts and pants are under 10 dollars each.

AshUHHleeee 18 kids; Chesapeake, Virginia 7209 posts
8th Apr '13

Unfortunately all my pre pregnancy clothes are a size 0, so there's no squeezing into them haha. I have looked at thrift stores, but everything I have found is frumpy looking. :/

Smash Fins ; 2 kids; Denver, Colorado 1300 posts
8th Apr '13

Go to the thrift store and get a pair of pants and make your own shorts!

Turtley Mikey Due October 31; 2 kids; California 50611 posts
8th Apr '13
Quoting AshUHHleeee:" So as the title says, I'm 33 weeks and its finally getting warm out! My problem is that I have no shorts ... [snip!] ... like a waste of money for a 40 dollar pair of shorts I'll never wear again. Anyone have this problem? Have any solutions?!"

One word, girl.. GOODWILL. :)

**Cali's Mommie**[EBF] 2 kids; San Jacinto, California 661 posts
8th Apr '13

i just put a rubberband through the button and wear a long shirt!!! works for me