2.5 year old really sore tummy. *Mac and Keagan's Momma* Due May 28; 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Kitchener, Ontario 8574 posts
9th Apr '13

So my 2.5 year old has been complaining of a really sore stomach since yesterday. He has been looking horrible and just wanting to lie around. And that is not like him. He feels warm and wants to sleep but keeps saying how much his stomach hurts. But he wants to eat. This morning he threw up but it was bile.
I don't know if its just a bug but everyone else seems fine so far.
Any advice??

[JadeLee] 1 child; Minnesota 12190 posts
9th Apr '13

All you can do is wait it out.

I usually water down gatorade or powerade to keep some electrolytes in in sips.
I know I have a stomach bug that has had my stomach sore for 4 days now.

Logan&Lilly's Mommy Due June 30; 2 kids; Virginia 2673 posts
9th Apr '13

Is he complaining the pain is on one of the sides?

*Mac and Keagan's Momma* Due May 28; 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Kitchener, Ontario 8574 posts
9th Apr '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting [JadeLee]:</b>" All you can do is wait it out. I usually water down gatorade or powerade to keep some electrolytes in in sips. I know I have a stomach bug that has had my stomach sore for 4 days now."</blockquote>

Wow really?? Oh no. We have had so many stomach bugs this winter. Ugh

*Mac and Keagan's Momma* Due May 28; 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Kitchener, Ontario 8574 posts
9th Apr '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Logan&Lilly's Mommy:</b>" Is he complaining the pain is on one of the sides?"</blockquote>

He seems to point to the right side

[JadeLee] 1 child; Minnesota 12190 posts
9th Apr '13
Quoting *Mac and Keagan's Momma*:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Logan&Lilly's Mommy:</b>" Is he complaining the pain is on one of the sides?"</blockquote> He seems to point to the right side"If i

If it is the lower right side I would be worried about his appendix. If you are worried you can call his doctor, but appendicitis is not common in toddlers.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_appendicitis_11411.bc

9th Apr '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting [JadeLee]:</b>" If it is the lower right side I would be worried about his appendix. If you are worried you can call ... [snip!] ... you can call his doctor, but appendicitis is not common in toddlers. http://www.babycenter.com/0_appendicitis_11411.bc"</blockquote>

I did call but I didn't want to lug him in there. I just told them the symptoms and they said if he doubles over in pain and won't move to take him into the ER. I think it was a bug or something he ate. He ate a bowl of cereal and then some pretzels. Drank some ginger ale and asked for a warm bath. He is sleeping now so must be a little bug. Hope my three year old and 9 month old avoid it.