5 year old- still hungry after eating but also feels like pu sealionsarah 2 kids; Livonia, Michigan 2538 posts
12th Apr '13

I am asking this for a friend, as her daughter has been going through some stomach issues. I hope it makes sense.
My friend's daughter is 5, and she has a pretty good appetite. She says she always feels hungry after she eats, but she also feels like she wants to throw up (and sometimes she does)

They have been to the Doctor numerous times, had x-rays, blood work, everything. The doctor can never find anything wrong, and just tell her it is a virus. This poor girl has gone through this every two weeks. My friend does not think it is a virus, because she does not seem ill and no one else in her family ever gets it.
What could it be?

The Pretender 2 kids; Brazil 1215 posts
12th Apr '13

Kid may just ignore the "full" feeling or not feel it yet? Maybe they just overeat

Nickels522 Florida 17031 posts
12th Apr '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting The Pretender:</b>" Kid may just ignore the "full" feeling or not feel it yet? Maybe they just overeat"</blockquote>

I agree kids do not know there limits. As parents you have to cut them off. My niece was like that became over weight she is now out growing it cause she getting taller.

sealionsarah 2 kids; Livonia, Michigan 2538 posts
14th Apr '13

I do not think it is just not knowing when to stop eating...
She is a really tiny girl. My friend took her to another doctor and she acknowledged it could be an issue dealing with anxiety.
Thanks, ladies!