6 year old tummy hurts? Sugernspice2227 TTC since Jan 2014; 2 kids; belle chasse, La, United States 2864 posts
12th Apr '13

MY 6 year old has been complaining that her stomach has been hurting her. I really don't believe her. Here's what she has been saying: She will come to me random and say mommy my stomach hurts me and i don't have to go poo. I ask her where it hurts she points to the middle by her belly button. I touch there and say is it here? and she giggles and i tell her are you faking it? she says no it tickles mommy but it really hurts. She has done this like 2 times so far in about 2 weeks. I don't know what to think or do i tell her if it really hurts we need to go to the ER. I ask her if thats something she wants to do. she gets quiet. Honestly she goes normal to the bathroom but always says her tummy hurts. What should i do?

HungryHippo 2 kids; Missouri 11970 posts
12th Apr '13

You don't believe her because when you touch it she giggles?

When I was 18 my liver almost failed,I was in alot of pain and still giggled when the dr touched my belly.

Sugernspice2227 TTC since Jan 2014; 2 kids; belle chasse, La, United States 2864 posts
12th Apr '13
Quoting *PeanutButter*:" You don't believe her because when you touch it she giggles? When I was 18 my liver almost failed,I was in alot of pain and still giggled when the dr touched my belly."

I dont believe her because she doesnt seem like she is in pain. She runs around and plays with her sister if she was sick or it did hurt her she wouldn't be doing that. I really do touch everywhere around her belly and she doesnt say it hurts only in the middle. after about ten min of me doing that she runs off and forgets.

12th Apr '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Sugernspice2227:</b>" I dont believe her because she doesnt seem like she is in pain. She runs around and plays with her ... [snip!] ... around her belly and she doesnt say it hurts only in the middle. after about ten min of me doing that she runs off and forgets."</blockquote>

Oh ok
Mhmm,is there a pattern? After she eats or plays?

Sugernspice2227 TTC since Jan 2014; 2 kids; belle chasse, La, United States 2864 posts
12th Apr '13
Quoting *PeanutButter*:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Sugernspice2227:</b>" I dont believe her because she doesnt ... [snip!] ... min of me doing that she runs off and forgets."</blockquote> Oh ok Mhmm,is there a pattern? After she eats or plays?"

No pattern she just randomly comes to me and says it. She isa heathy kid. but my husband recently had his gallbladder removed both his parents had theirs removed years ago and most of his family too. I get scared it might be that. She saw him and how it hurt him and all i don't know if she does it for attention of because she saw him or if its because it is something. I don't mind taking her to the ER.

12th Apr '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Sugernspice2227:</b>" No pattern she just randomly comes to me and says it. She isa heathy kid. but my husband recently ... [snip!] ... know if she does it for attention of because she saw him or if its because it is something. I don't mind taking her to the ER."</blockquote>

I would take her to the dr just to check things out
With a family history they know what to look for