14 month old tmi *Brittnee* 4 kids; 1 angel baby; Utah 4011 posts
15th Apr '13

I just changed my 14 month olds diaper and his stool was a dark red and green color and it was runny. He has been very clingy and whiny today. I'm currently waiting on his pedi to call me back. But in the mean time thought I would ask you ladies what you thought. Think it's something to worry about? TIA

*~AngelEyes~* 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Memphis, Tennessee 10398 posts
15th Apr '13

Is he running any fever? Is he teething? (teething can cause all that sometimes...)

NopeNotGonnaDOIt 6 kids; Cuba 3000 posts
15th Apr '13

might just be a stomach bug if it's out of the blue.

*Brittnee* 4 kids; 1 angel baby; Utah 4011 posts
15th Apr '13

No fever. Teething can cause what looks like blood in is poop?

*~AngelEyes~* 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Memphis, Tennessee 10398 posts
15th Apr '13
Quoting *Brittnee*:" No fever. Teething can cause what looks like blood in is poop?"

it can make it look kind of funny. Normally if there's blood in their poop it means they strained too hard to go... (that's what I've been told) My son had a few days like that, still gets them from time to time if he drinks something red. (only then though) but like the other comment said; could be a bug. I don't think it's really anything to worry TOO MUCH about, but I would keep an eye on it and talk to his doctor. Hope he feels better.

*Brittnee* 4 kids; 1 angel baby; Utah 4011 posts
15th Apr '13

Thanks. Yeah he has had a little blood from straining to hard before but this time it's a lot more then that. I hope he feels better soon too.