3 year old and her carseat InkDMomma 35 kids; Clinton Township, Michigan 27418 posts
17th Apr '13

This little butthead thinks it's funny to push her chest clip down when I'm driving :?
So every time I notice she does it, I pull over and fix it and scold her about doing it and explain why it's dangerous.

What the hell can I do to get her to stop?! She complains when it's on her chest and she puts it until it's on her belly and it drives me CRAZY.

☮[The Mrs.] FJB Due December 4; 3 kids; North Carolina 14335 posts
17th Apr '13

I put hair spray on the straps then DS can't move it.

tooodles 240 kids; Thailand 5075 posts
17th Apr '13

Just stop the car everytime and tell her to put it back or you wont go anywhere. Eventually she'll get to stop doing it.

InkDMomma 35 kids; Clinton Township, Michigan 27418 posts
17th Apr '13
Quoting :*:CHRiSTiNe:*::" Just stop the car everytime and tell her to put it back or you wont go anywhere. Eventually she'll get to stop doing it."

I've been doing this for like 2 weeks and she won't stop, it's driving me up a wall. I even used my mean mommy voice and she doesn't give 2 shits.
Gah, I just want her safe!

17th Apr '13
Quoting ☮[The Mrs.].
☮[The Mrs.] FJB Due December 4; 3 kids; North Carolina 14335 posts
17th Apr '13
Quoting InkDMomma:" I was thinking of the clothes starch for it, but wasn't sure if it would help. I know it helps with the straps not twisting but yeah."

DH has a hard time moving it and just gave up lol

Vivian [♥] 2 kids; Balls Deep, in, Georgia 13923 posts
17th Apr '13

Idk, DD has been doing this too.
I used my "mean mommy" voice too and it scared her and she cried :shock:
She hasn't done it since though.

17th Apr '13
Quoting Vivian [♥]:" Idk, DD has been doing this too. I used my "mean mommy" voice too and it scared her and she cried :shock: She hasn't done it since though."

Skye does it back at me...
I'm so fucked lol

17th Apr '13
Quoting InkDMomma:" Skye does it back at me... I'm so fucked lol"

Is there someone else she listens too? Your SO, a friend? We can fight with DD about something for daysss.. like to clean her room.. And my friend will come over and tell her to go clean her room and she goes and does it right away :shock::lol:

17th Apr '13
Quoting Vivian [♥]:" Is there someone else she listens too? Your SO, a friend? We can fight with DD about something for daysss.. ... [snip!] ... her room.. And my friend will come over and tell her to go clean her room and she goes and does it right away :shock::lol:"

I'm like the only person she listens to lol She is a sassy little thing.

17th Apr '13
Quoting InkDMomma:" I'm like the only person she listens to lol She is a sassy little thing."

What if someone she's not used to told her to stop? If anyone DD doesn't know talks to her she freaks out haha

17th Apr '13
Quoting Vivian [♥]:" What if someone she's not used to told her to stop? If anyone DD doesn't know talks to her she freaks out haha"

The most she does is hysterically cry for a little bit and then she doesn't care anymore. I wish there were locks or something for under the straps so the chest clip can't be moved.

Andie. 3 kids; Oregon 7883 posts
17th Apr '13

I wouldn't put anything on the straps to stop it from moving, it can cause the seat to not work properly in a crash.

Have you tried a new only for the car toy (or few toys)? That might keep her distracted. Maybe take her to do something special and tell her if she moves the clip you will go home? Otherwise, just keep telling her not to do it, pull over and re-do the straps everytime. Eventually she will stop.