4 Year Old afraid of the wind... Monkey Man's Momma 17 kids; Pennsylvania 1495 posts
17th Apr '13

Just wondering if any other mothers have experienced anything like this...DS is 4, and PETRIFIED of the wind. For example if it's breezy (not in the least bit windy) he freaks out on our 20 feet walk from the front door to our car. If I have my sunglasses on my face he is crying and begging me to take them off so they don't blow away. Now that the weather is warming up, I like to drive with the windows open. Well he doesn't like the wind blowing, so I put them up and just crack the sunroof. Nope - can't even do that without freaking out.

I bought him a kite, thinking it would be something fun, that you obviously have to do when its windy. Nope-just freaks out thinking it will blow away no matter how much I try to reassure him and explain that I'm holding on tight.

I'm not sure where this came from - thought maybe it had to do when it was 30 degrees outside and snowy this winter, but now that its warm, he still reacts the same way.

Hope someone has an idea or suggestion - I want to play outside!!!

thats me. :) 18 kids; Edmonton, Alberta 3278 posts
status 17th Apr '13

that is different.

Hope fully he gets over it.
Has he seen any movies? like tornado movies or something?

user banned 2 kids; Minnesota 7318 posts
17th Apr '13
Quoting Monkey Man's Momma:" Just wondering if any other mothers have experienced anything like this...DS is 4, and PETRIFIED of the ... [snip!] ... but now that its warm, he still reacts the same way. Hope someone has an idea or suggestion - I want to play outside!!!"

He's scared specifically of things blowing away? Or is he scared of the way it feels?

user banned Due November 26; 1 child; Parkersburg, West Virginia 9548 posts
17th Apr '13
Quoting Chim Richalds:" He's scared specifically of things blowing away? Or is he scared of the way it feels?"

the way it feels i would say spd or autism maybe. if its the fear of things blowing away and losing them forever i bet he had a bad dream or nightfright about it

Minion 3 kids; ., GA, United States 21802 posts
17th Apr '13

Has someone told him something bad about the wind?

DS suddenly became terrified of lady bugs one day out of the blue. Like he would shriek and cry and beg us to kill it. Turns out his older sister visited one day and told him that lady bugs eat your flesh. :?

To this day he doesn't believe us that they're harmless.

user banned 2 kids; Minnesota 7318 posts
17th Apr '13
Quoting Minion:" Has someone told him something bad about the wind? DS suddenly became terrified of lady bugs one day ... [snip!] ... sister visited one day and told him that lady bugs eat your flesh. :? To this day he doesn't believe us that they're harmless."

They have those creepy fold out wings that you can hear when they flap.

Maybe physically harmless....but not psychologically, lol.

Minion 3 kids; ., GA, United States 21802 posts
17th Apr '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Chim Richalds:</b>" They have those creepy fold out wings that you can hear when they flap. Maybe physically harmless....but not psychologically, lol."</blockquote>

Hahaha!