2 month old weight? Liam&Xander's Mama Due February 28; 1 child; Ohio 1061 posts
19th Apr '13

my 2 month old just had his 2 month check-up yesterday, he is 8 lbs 3 oz and 21.5 inches (he was 5 lbs 11 oz and 18.5 in at birth) anyway his pedi said he fell completely off his growth curve and off the chart for weight. she prescribed zantac to see if that helps him gain weight, but he doesn't really spit up at all. so idk if will help. anyone else have a similar experience with zantac helping with weight gain (even if he doesn't spit up??)

penispenispenisVAGINA 4 kids; Idaho 7043 posts
19th Apr '13

He might just be small. He was small at birth and has gained about 3lbs in 2 months so that's a pound and a half a month. I don't see why a dr would put him on meds if he doesn't have that problem.

KyliesMommy2012 Tokyo, Japan 1159 posts
19th Apr '13
Quoting supa~~fly:" He might just be small. He was small at birth and has gained about 3lbs in 2 months so that's a pound and a half a month. I don't see why a dr would put him on meds if he doesn't have that problem. "

:!:

Is he even spitting up or anything? seems weird to give meds just cause he's not gaining weight like a chart says he should.

Liam&Xander's Mama Due February 28; 1 child; Ohio 1061 posts
19th Apr '13

i mean he occasionally spits up like maybe once/twice a day if that. he's also on hypoallergenic formula due to MSPI. and idk why sh'es so concerned, she just said he's no longer even on the chart for his weight. (i asked even since he was born small? and she said she was concerned because it's on thing to be small/stay small like my 1st son, but he actually dropped percentiles/off his growth curve)

19th Apr '13

Roughly 5 months of age or so is when he should be double his birth weight. He's halfway there now. I think your dr might just be a quack

19th Apr '13

My brother was born the complete opposite. He was born at almost 11 lbs and was off the charts the other direction the first 12 months. The dr kept telling my mom to put him on a diet she said no he's hungry he'll eat. (5 minutes after he was born he ate a 12 oz bottle)

Are you and daddy small framed people?

izzy+Ethan 2 kids; Edmonton, Alberta 4056 posts
19th Apr '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting supa~~fly:</b>" Roughly 5 months of age or so is when he should be double his birth weight. He's halfway there now. I think your dr might just be a quack"</blockquote>

! My DD is 17 months and at her last drs apt which was I believe 14 months she was 17 lbs ...she was 6lbs at birth she is small but my dr doesn't worry cause she is still growing

Liam&Xander's Mama Due February 28; 1 child; Ohio 1061 posts
19th Apr '13

yes. very. i'm only 4'11" 108 lbs and dad is 5'8" 165

♥MomToSilas+1♥ Due December 9; 1 child; ., IL, United States 10878 posts
19th Apr '13

Im sorry but your doctor sounds stupid. Hes gained 3lbs in 2 months. An 8lb 2 month old sounds normal :?

I would definitely be talking to another pediatrician!

Darcy Baker Williams 53 kids; Illinois 194 posts
19th Apr '13
Quoting supa~~fly:" Roughly 5 months of age or so is when he should be double his birth weight. He's halfway there now. I think your dr might just be a quack"

I agree with this!!! My 3rd was born 'normal" then gained slow. I mistakenly put her through tons of tests even a stay in the hospital with a feeding tube. Turns out she is just really small. I thank God the day I got a second opinion, and even a third. Get a second opinion.

3/3/13 1 child; Indiana 290 posts
19th Apr '13

my 2 month old gained 3 lbs in a a couple weeks. and she is on zantac

3/3/13 1 child; Indiana 290 posts
19th Apr '13

at her 2wk apt she was 7.5. she is 6 wks now and weighs 10

KyliesMommy2012 Tokyo, Japan 1159 posts
19th Apr '13

Every single baby is different. I think the weight he has gained is sufficient.. Sounds like a nut case! They should double their birth weight by 6 months. My DD weighed 6 lbs 9 oz and now weighs a little over 18 lbs and she will be 7 months in a week. Get a second opinion if that is an option.