18 and newly engaged Kris-Keri Oquinn Due June 18 (boy); Alma, Georgia 53 posts
23rd Apr '13

When I turned 18 I moved out of the house. But a week later I found out that I was pregnant. I hadn't been talking to my parents and I told them and they were upset with me. After that I did not talk to them for a long time and recently I just started talking to them again. Me and my boyfriend just got engaged. My mom and dad decided give us trailer but need a lot of work. The walls and ceilings had mold on them. And I do not think that you can get rid of mold completely. Do you think that my mom and dad would've tried to take the baby if there was mold in that trailer after we fix it up. My parents are not very nice people either. When me and my fiance started dating they did not like it because he did not have a job. They decided that they were going to talk about him and say that I supported him. And my fiance was not lazy while we were dating. He was looking for a job everyday. Can I please have someone advice ?

Nathan Young 2 kids; Syracuse, New York 57581 posts
23rd Apr '13

It may be mold, it may be mildew. If you don't get along with your parents, I wouldn't accept the trailer from them. Your relationship with your fianc

iLL-Legal Unicorn Alien 3 kids; New York, TX, United States 37137 posts
23rd Apr '13

What exactly are you looking to get advice on? You're 18, you have a fiancee...a kid on the way. Your parents tried to help, it wasn't the best help. So now you and your fiancee have to take care of your situation.

Nicola. (Expecting #2) Due May 23 (girl); 1 child; Huntsville, AL, United States 4746 posts
23rd Apr '13

You can't bring a baby into the trailer if it has any mold in it. Not healthy for the baby or you guys for that matter.

What advice are you looking for? I guess I would say that if you have other options then just decline their offer to give you the trailer. Sounds like a lot of potential drama really.

Destiny Marie Hicks 1 child; Mayville, North Dakota 240 posts
23rd Apr '13

What advice are you looking for? If your talking about the trailer, I wouldn't take it. Mold isn't healthy for anyone, especially a baby. And in my opinion, anything about your fiance isn't your parents business. You're 18, you can make your own decisions now. If you ever need to talk just pt me. Good luck to you and your fiance, dear.

Bri + One ♥ Due October 19; 1 child; Florida 4316 posts
23rd Apr '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Destiny Marie Hicks:</b>" What advice are you looking for? If your talking about the trailer, I wouldn't take it. Mold isn't healthy ... [snip!] ... You're 18, you can make your own decisions now. If you ever need to talk just pt me. Good luck to you and your fiance, dear."</blockquote>

This!

October2011 Due April 3; 1 child; Pennsylvania 6494 posts
23rd Apr '13

first find out if the trailer is safe to live in and go from there. Welcome to adulthood!!!! the fun begins!

3JEMS Due November 14; 3 kids; Danville, Illinois 569 posts
23rd Apr '13

You can't get rid of mold. That trailer is junk-sorry not trying to sound mean about it. It is not healthy for you or your fianc