15 month old won't eat anything but sweets *Coby's Mommy* 17 kids; North Carolina 69 posts
23rd Apr '13

im not sure how it began but my 15 month old will only eat cheetos puffs and anything sweet or yummy like apple sauce or yogurt stuff like that & on top of him drinking lots of milk & juice he has been really constipated & i have to give him medicine for it because of his diet! i try so hard to feed him other stuff like veggies and other foods but he wont eat it & it's really frustrating for me! i don't know what else to do & to make sure he eats something i just give him what he wants to stop him from crying :( does anybody else have this problem ? it first started with him being a picky eater but he won't even eat things he use to eat like macaroni or stew beef & rice he use to love that stuff. sometimes i have to trick him into eating like ill feed him a spoonful of applesauce then a spoonful of like peas or something to get him to open his mouth

ILOVEWINE Due April 24; 2 kids; Sweden 10814 posts
23rd Apr '13

Stop giving it to him, he will eat something. Make him smoothies with veggies and a few fruits

~Raylan's Mama~ 1 child; Tennessee 2116 posts
23rd Apr '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting ILOVEWINE:</b>" Stop giving it to him, he will eat something. Make him smoothies with veggies and a few fruits"</blockquote>

:!:

He won't starve himself...just stop caving and things will get better. Try like hotdogs, Gerber ravioli, stuff he can feed himself...my son HATES when I try to feed him (he's almost 19 months now & has since about 9 or 10 months)

I'm His Amy He's My Rory 2 kids; Caldwell, Idaho 49254 posts
23rd Apr '13

Stop being a pushover. I give my son his dinner, and if he doesn't eat it he doesn't eat. He'll eat when he's hungry. He knows he will win so he just throws a fit until you give in.

~*~*~*~ ; 1 child; Biteme, ca, United States 1716 posts
23rd Apr '13

He will eat before he will starve. Keep offering the good for you stuff and quit offering the junk. If it's not optional, he'll realize he doesn't have a choice. You can season it a lil so it's not bland. We put a lil Lowrys or white pepper in her veggies, butter sometimes in squash, chicken or beef base in ground meat. Try fruit and veggies blended together. Smoothies. Show enjoyment/excitment when you eat healthy foods, make him want to ask you for a bite.

[wtf] i'm heather. 3 kids; Cincinnati, Ohio 8315 posts
23rd Apr '13

It's really common for them to start denying foods they once loved to eat. They are changing and want to make choices for themselves. If he doesn't eat when you offer him I would give him other healthy choices and hopefully he picks one of them. My daughter is 17 months and she will just eat a little here and there and other times she will eat a whole plate full of food. Just keep offering the healthy stuff over the junk food good luck!

*Coby's Mommy* 17 kids; North Carolina 69 posts
23rd Apr '13
Quoting ~Raylan's Mama~:" <blockquote><b>Quoting ILOVEWINE:</b>" Stop giving it to him, he will eat something. ... [snip!] ... stuff he can feed himself...my son HATES when I try to feed him (he's almost 19 months now & has since about 9 or 10 months)"

yeah i forgot to mention that part... it seems he doesnt want me to feed him lol but ill try to work on that :)

~Raylan's Mama~ 1 child; Tennessee 2116 posts
27th Apr '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting *Coby's Mommy*:</b>" yeah i forgot to mention that part... it seems he doesnt want me to feed him lol but ill try to work on that :)"</blockquote>

I get a lot of the Gerber products...little entrees, ravioli (they have no sauce), maybe try the squeezable fruit/veggie pouches, chicken nuggets/chicken in general, my son LOVES mandarin oranges, & grapes (I had to eat one before him the first time), string cheese or cubed cheese, maybe try peas

Snacks I get Gerber puffs or lil crunchies, Cheerios, or very seldom a cookie

Drinks...I fill the cup almost full of water and then put a little juice in for flavor. The only other thing he gets normally is milk. My FIL likes to give him sips of soda :roll: of course, he breaks like every rule I have :x

Just some ideas! If you want/need more let me know :)

HUgabearrr Japan 426 posts
28th Apr '13
Quoting *Coby's Mommy*:" im not sure how it began but my 15 month old will only eat cheetos puffs and anything sweet or yummy ... [snip!] ... into eating like ill feed him a spoonful of applesauce then a spoonful of like peas or something to get him to open his mouth"

Just don't have junks around the house and then you can't give them to him. And at the same time you can start a healthier diet as well! If he like sweets, give him sweeter fruits and veggies. Is his weight okay? If his weight is okay then i wouldnt worry too much.