31 weeks pregnant and moving to LA Melissa Teller 2 kids; Torrance, California 48 posts
24th Apr '13

My husbands job is transferring him to Los Angeles CA. I am 31 weeks pregnant and he has to be out there May 6. My sons last day of school is May 24th. So he and I will be staying here until then. He will go to his dads for a couple of weeks right after school and I am wanting to fly out to LA and stay with my husband for a week or two and then fly back and then deliver the baby here. Has anyone ever flown that late in pregnancy? And would a direct flight be better or one with a layover? Also has any of you ever been to LA or lived there? Needing some advice or someone to talk to. I am just a little scared.

zombie. 2 kids; Leadville, Colorado 23606 posts
24th Apr '13

boo. i thought you meant Louisiana.

_______Nope_________ 23772 posts
24th Apr '13
Quoting Melissa Teller:" My husbands job is transferring him to Los Angeles CA. I am 31 weeks pregnant and he has to be out there ... [snip!] ... Also has any of you ever been to LA or lived there? Needing some advice or someone to talk to. I am just a little scared."

I live somewhat near LA. What advice do you need?

I probably wouldn't fly that late personally, but then again I've always had difficult pregnancies, lol.

MrsRoo07 Due November 11; 17 kids; Twentynine Palms, California 381 posts
24th Apr '13

Personally, I wouldn't risk the flying so close to your due date, and wait until after the baby is born or move while pregnant and have the baby where your husband is. Most Doctors won't even allow you to fly late in pregnancy.

DeanJade&Mak's Mom 3 kids; Covina, CA, United States 8822 posts
24th Apr '13

Whoop whoop!
I'm in La

Sorry I get excited ummm I would try and get shortest flight possible, I don't think I would go back to deliver tho, I had 1 baby at 36 weeks and another at 40 I would have been a mess trying to decide when to go back...

What area/city are u moving too

_______Nope_________ 23772 posts
24th Apr '13
Quoting DeanJade&Mak's Mom:" Whoop whoop! I'm in La Sorry I get excited ummm I would try and get shortest flight possible, I don't ... [snip!] ... at 36 weeks and another at 40 I would have been a mess trying to decide when to go back... What area/city are u moving too"

It's funny how many people on here are from the LA area.

Rebekah Garden x3 Due October 5; 33 kids; Fall River, Massachusetts 5223 posts
24th Apr '13

Are you allowed to fly that late in pregnancy? My doctor tells us not to fly after 28 weeks!!! I know that being that high in the air there is a risk of the air pressure or whatever causing labor! I think I would fly out, or find another way there, and just stay there!

Melissa Teller 2 kids; Torrance, California 48 posts
24th Apr '13

It would be somewhere not to far from Inglewood. Probably Hawthorne or Rodondo Beach. I talked to my ob today and she said that as long as everything is looking good with the baby and the airline is ok with me flying she would write me a note.

Quoting she nan igans:" I live somewhat near LA. What advice do you need? I probably wouldn't fly that late personally, but then again I've always had difficult pregnancies, lol."
24th Apr '13

We are not quite sure where we will be at. But his job will be in Inglewood. I had my first at 40 wks and 4 days. I had to be induced.

Quoting DeanJade&Mak's Mom:" Whoop whoop! I'm in La Sorry I get excited ummm I would try and get shortest flight possible, I don't ... [snip!] ... at 36 weeks and another at 40 I would have been a mess trying to decide when to go back... What area/city are u moving too"
24th Apr '13

My ob said she doesn't recommend flying that late but she understands things come up and that there is a chance that my water could break and cause me to go into labor and she also told me that most drs won't accept me as a transfer this late in the pregnancy.

Quoting Rebekah Garden x3:" Are you allowed to fly that late in pregnancy? My doctor tells us not to fly after 28 weeks!!! I know ... [snip!] ... a risk of the air pressure or whatever causing labor! I think I would fly out, or find another way there, and just stay there!"
bfenway 51 kids; Huntersville, North Carolina 1538 posts
24th Apr '13

I have flown with all three of my pregnancy. My doctor told me I could fly up until the end that there si no reason you cant, its just most airlines might not let you for their own reason.

We moved when i was late in my first pregnancy right around your staged. I ended up going with a new doc and lving him so much more than my orginal one :) Is there a reason you want to fly home to deliver and not find a new one where you will be moving?

Good Luck it will all work out just fine and I relaly wouldnt worry about flying at all. If you ahvent had any issue than you should be fine

24th Apr '13

I guess every Doc is different but mine said that their is no way the flight will cause labor. SO who knows LOL

24th Apr '13
Quoting Melissa Teller:" My ob said she doesn't recommend flying that late but she understands things come up and that there is ... [snip!] ... and cause me to go into labor and she also told me that most drs won't accept me as a transfer this late in the pregnancy. "

If you move they will accept you :) Also I have had 2 friends who delivered at different hospitals because they couldn

DeanJade&Mak's Mom 3 kids; Covina, CA, United States 8822 posts
24th Apr '13
Quoting she nan igans:" It's funny how many people on here are from the LA area."

i think ur only 1 i run into on here by me :)

im looking at the santa barbaras by ur house... im in love with them hahaha

24th Apr '13

I love the dr I am seeing now and I want her to deliver the baby and I just prefer to deliver her here so that my son can spend some time with us and the new baby before he has to go spend the rest of the summer with his dad since we are moving such a great distance away he will be spending most of the summer with him:(

Quoting bfenway:" I have flown with all three of my pregnancy. My doctor told me I could fly up until the end that there ... [snip!] ... will all work out just fine and I relaly wouldnt worry about flying at all. If you ahvent had any issue than you should be fine"