If you had or tried to have a VBAC could you please share the stories. Good or bad. I posted a somewhat similar post earlier but didn't get very many of the responses SIL was looking for. TIA!
Here's the support thread, it might help.
With my son, I had severe pre-eclampsia which resulted in his having IUGR and extremely low fluid and my having severely high BP. I had an emergency C-Section at 35 weeks. With DD we decided to try for a VBAC. My doctor thought me to be a perfect candidate. At 39 weeks, I had almost no progress... I was 1/2 cm dilated and 50 percent effaced and my BP started creeping up. My doctor didn't want to go past 40 weeks because of the BP. So, I went in to be "induced" on my due date. She couldn't give me any Pitocin because it is too hard on the uterus when trying for a VBAC, so she broke my water, and dilated me to a 2, hoping it would throw me into contractions. It brought on consistent, painful contractions every 2-4 minutes. But then it stalled out... I started having them every 4-6 minutes and they weren't nearly as painful. She checked my cervix 16 hours later, and I was still at a 2. So we had to do a repeat C-Section because my water was broken.