16 weeks + frequent Braxton Hicks sealionsarah 2 kids; Livonia, Michigan 2538 posts
27th Apr '13

Is it normal to feel braxton hicks contractions frequently this early in pregnancy? it is my second pregnancy, so I am not sure if that has something to do with it. But I don't remember having so many with my first, at least not until the end of the 2nd/beginning of 3rd trimester. I do drink lots of water, but was out and about quite a bit today, so maybe that has something to do with it, too.
Anyway--should I be concerned?
Thanks!:)

Little G's Mama Due December 23 (boy); 1 child; Pennsylvania 6164 posts
27th Apr '13

i wouldn't be concerned, just stay hydrated and rest

Live-Laugh-Love 3 kids; Kitchener, ON, Canada 8247 posts
27th Apr '13

Are they consistent? are you having more than 4 an hour? I started having BH around 12 weeks with my second. They became frequent and quite painful around 20 weeks. If you are concerned definitely go get checked out.

sealionsarah 2 kids; Livonia, Michigan 2538 posts
27th Apr '13
Quoting Live-Laugh-Love:" Are they consistent? are you having more than 4 an hour? I started having BH around 12 weeks with my ... [snip!] ... with my second. They became frequent and quite painful around 20 weeks. If you are concerned definitely go get checked out."

they are not consistent, but yeah, i definitely have at least 4 an hour.
What ended up happening with yours? I am already a worry wart about everything, and i keep seeing things about pre-term labor, and "irritable uterus" and i'm just like, nooooooo i don't want that. :(

Live-Laugh-Love 3 kids; Kitchener, ON, Canada 8247 posts
27th Apr '13
Quoting sealionsarah:" they are not consistent, but yeah, i definitely have at least 4 an hour. What ended up happening with ... [snip!] ... and i keep seeing things about pre-term labor, and "irritable uterus" and i'm just like, nooooooo i don't want that. :("

:( Awwe I know..pregnancy is pretty scary sometimes. Well, starting around 25 weeks i was having sometimes 6-8 an hour...my OB told me that if they are ever 5 minutes apart to go to the hospital. My placenta ended up detaching at 31 weeks but that is totally unrelated lol