1 year old birthday party 22Jleigh33 1 child; Louisiana 747 posts
1st May '13

I know I still have 2 months but I was trying to think of some good ideas for a 1 year old birth day party.. Her birthday is July 10 and I wanted to maybe do like a water paint party, like get some big rolls of canvas and lay it out with all kinda of paints and let the babies go at it. I'm planning on buying her a swimming pool also. Any one know of good games to play. I know 1 year olds have short attention spans but I want to make it a fun day. Also when is a baby considered a toddler?

Ꭶwan♥Nemo 1 child; Kansas City, Missouri 7416 posts
1st May '13

im currently planning my sons for May 18th. I went out and bought a kiddie pool and got a lot of balls from the Dollar tree and making a type of little ball pit for the babies. and for the older kids coming im doing a arts and crafts table and Im doing facepainting. Its going to be a outdoor barbecue type thing.

laurenmik 3 kids; Aurora, Colorado 7212 posts
1st May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Ꭶwan♥Nem

Big D! Due October 7; 1 child; Escondido, California 9518 posts
1st May '13

I didn't have many kids at my son's so we didn't get into any games. I think they'll have fun no matter what is going on. And they are toddlers when they start to toddle.

22Jleigh33 1 child; Louisiana 747 posts
1st May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Ꭶwan♥Nem

Severus Snape Due March 15; 1 child; Tennessee 3511 posts
1st May '13

We through a Yo Gabba Gabba party for DD when she turned one. It was her favorite show at the time. I just invited family and friends with little ones and she played with the other kids her age and her new toys she opened. She was too young to really understand any games but she had a great time anyways. I think no matter what, theyll have a great time. At this age, the party is more about making a memory for you than anything.

I think a toddler is over age 1/ walking age. Which ever comes first.

Adan's Mama :) 1 child; Phenix City, Alabama 457 posts
1st May '13

My sons 1st birthday is july 16th. We are going to have babies through teenagers there so we are doing a pool, a slip-n-slide, a sprinkler, and water balloons. Its going to be crazy but i wanted each age group to have something to do together.