3 month old issue k α y l α 1 child; RISING FAWN, Georgia 421 posts
3rd May '13

So my 3 month old has to have me hold him constantly. I try to put him in his swing or bouncy and within 2 minutes he'll start crying, then it'll turn into screaming to where he is pouring tears and starts sweating and everything cause he's so upset. He gets the same way whenever I try to change his clothes. Screams until he loses his breathe. I don't know what to do anymore.. I love cuddling & holding him but it's exhausting 24/7. My back constantly hurts from it. I want him to start to learn how to occupy himself a little bit. I hope that don't make me sound bad.
Is this a normal thing they will outgrow or is there something else I can do?

~The Lunar Flower~ 2 kids; Alabama 6748 posts
3rd May '13

Its normal around that time. Get some crinkly sounding toys & some rattling toys too. Helped ALOT with my son

user banned 2 kids; Minnesota 7318 posts
3rd May '13

Totally normal. I'd invest in a good wrap or carrier, they're a life saver. Pop that kid on your back and go about your life. I'd sometimes just wear my kids and pace back and forth while watching tv for hours, lol.

kr:) 1 child; Texas 5320 posts
3rd May '13

Let him cry. He will learn to self soothe himself..
I know its hard but it will get easier.

Kimmy Gibbler 2 kids; Grapevine, Texas 8039 posts
4th May '13

My 2 month old is like that. I just posted how at her check up we found out she has reflux which is probably why she hates being put down... She always arches her back when you put her down. Have you asked your pedi about it?

4th May '13
Quoting kr:):" Let him cry. He will learn to self soothe himself.. I know its hard but it will get easier."

He is 3 months old. ...I could not disagree with this advice anymore.

4th May '13
Quoting kr:):" Let him cry. He will learn to self soothe himself.. I know its hard but it will get easier."

At 3 months old? My son is EBF with severe separation anxiety. He will scream til hes choking & can't breathe

k α y l α 1 child; RISING FAWN, Georgia 421 posts
4th May '13
Quoting Asher and Haddie's Mommy:" My 2 month old is like that. I just posted how at her check up we found out she has reflux which is probably ... [snip!] ... probably why she hates being put down... She always arches her back when you put her down. Have you asked your pedi about it?"

I have tried to talk to his pedi about it at his 2 month check up about it maybe being reflux because he spits up a lot and it makes him cry but he just told me to put a little rice in his cereal.

4th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting k α y l α:</b>" I have tried to talk to his pedi about it at his 2 month check up about it maybe being reflux because he spits up a lot and it makes him cry but he just told me to put a little rice in his cereal."</blockquote>

Ehhhh I would ask him about getting him on something. Call and see if they can send something in for you.

4th May '13
Quoting ~The Lunar Flower~:" At 3 months old? My son is EBF with severe separation anxiety. He will scream til hes choking & can't breathe"

Yeah I don't want my son to cry it out because he get SO upset that he can't breathe either.. its just awful. there is just no way I could do that.

4th May '13
Quoting Asher and Haddie's Mommy:" <blockquote><b>Quoting k α y l α:</b>" I have tried to talk to his pedi ... [snip!] ... Ehhhh I would ask him about getting him on something. Call and see if they can send something in for you."

I meant to say put rice cereal in his formula.

4th May '13
Quoting k α y l α:" I have tried to talk to his pedi about it at his 2 month check up about it maybe being reflux because he spits up a lot and it makes him cry but he just told me to put a little rice in his cereal."

Hmmm...does sound like maybe reflux, I would talk to a different doctor! If you find a doctor who will listen and they decide he needs meds, it could make both of your lives so much easier!!!

kr:) 1 child; Texas 5320 posts
4th May '13

I didnt read where it said 3 months. Sorrrrrry! Lol

4th May '13
Quoting k α y l α:" Yeah I don't want my son to cry it out because he get SO upset that he can't breathe either.. its just awful. there is just no way I could do that. "

I break down if i'm driving & he does it. I try to pull over before he gets too upset but in bad traffic I can't do much in a van. He never cries for more than a couple minutes though

4th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting k α y l α:</b>" I meant to say put rice cereal in his formula. "</blockquote>

I gotcha' girl. :) I would really talk to the pedi about him prescribing somethig though. If he thinks its severe enough to do rice at 3 months, I don't know why he wouldn't give you some Zantac.