35 weeks, when did you pack? Munchkin Maker 2 kids; Maryland 733 posts
5th May '13

Woo hoo! Made it to 35 weeks! Went to L&D for a labor check Friday. I'm only 50% effaced, not dilated at all, and -3 station! Looks like my LO will stay in like she's supposed to lol! Keeping my fingers crossed.
Cesarean scheduled for June 4th. It's a few days before my EDD, but it'll do. (:
I've got LO's diaper bag packed. All of her clothes washed. My pump packed up (Just in case I do have her early, I had DD1 at 35w6d, she was unable to latch. I had to pump for her, using a hospital pump and it was NOT FUN) So the pump is just for precaution, as long as LO can latch, we will not be pumping. Other than that I haven't done anything, but started my cleaning spree.

Melissa + 2 :) 2 kids; Traverse City, Michigan 3069 posts
5th May '13

I packed today! I am now officially 36 weeks :) With my daughter I had emergency BP problems at 39 weeks and was immediately induced. I'm starting to have them again slightly so I'm not taking any chances.

Zeke's Mama Due September 26 (girl); 1 child; Pensacola, Florida 5713 posts
status 5th May '13

I was 35, almost 36 weeks. And I only packed when I did because we had to rush to L&D earlier that day because DS wasn't moving and didn't respond to anything I did to get him moving. So while I was laying there being monitored I told DH we had to pack because if shit had really hit the fan and he had to come that day we would have been so unprepared. Oh and we live an hour from the hospital so he would have to leave me for a while to go get stuff and take care of the dog.

Munchkin Maker 2 kids; Maryland 733 posts
5th May '13

I'm thinking about packing my bag, only because of having DD1 at 35w6d. Even though I've been checked and nothing seems to be happening too soon, I'm just paranoid that I'll have her soon. I still have a ton of cleaning I want to get done too, knowing I'm having a C-section, I know recovery+toddler+newborn isn't going to allow a whole lot of cleaning time. So I want to have the house in order enough for the 2 weeks when recovery is most draining.

Vivian [♥] 2 kids; Balls Deep, in, Georgia 13909 posts
5th May '13

I packed after my water broke with my first :lol: wasn't having contractions yet.
My second around 35 weeks, glad I did too. My contractions with him were hard and fast. I lifted the bag I packed and gave myself a contraction, tried to push it with my foot and gave myself a contraction. Would of sucked trying to pack through that.

5th May '13
Quoting Vivian [♥]:" I packed after my water broke with my first :lol: wasn't having contractions yet. My second around 35 ... [snip!] ... myself a contraction, tried to push it with my foot and gave myself a contraction. Would of sucked trying to pack through that."

lol, I didn't even have a bag with DD1. /:
I went to be checked because I *thought* my water had broken. (The nurse was a real b***h with that "IF your water had broken you would KNOW it") UH NO. So I went to the hospital with not a damn thing. Had to send my mom to my apartment to get all my stuff. She didn't get half the crap I needed lol. Definitely don't want to be doing that again.

Lilitha mom to 2 TTC since Jan 2014; 1 child; 2 angel babies; United Kingdom 365 posts
5th May '13

i was all packed and ready by 34 weeks just because i had very bad BH and didnt know that they were just BH and not contractions so i packed. then took it all out and repacked it all again every week lol x

5th May '13
Quoting Lilitha:" i was all packed and ready by 34 weeks just because i had very bad BH and didnt know that they were just ... [snip!] ... know that they were just BH and not contractions so i packed. then took it all out and repacked it all again every week lol x"

LOL, that sounds like me. I've re done LO's bag at least twice.
And I almost don't WANT to pack my bag yet. Every time I do something to prepare I get so excited and just want her here. I get so impatient.