6 weeks pregnant with GI problems reaad!!!!!!!!!!! Dontai's MUMMY! Due May 10; 33 kids; 3 angel babies; Memphis, Tennessee 437 posts
9th May '13

hi im 6 weeka today. im having gas pains and constipation worse than ever! whats good reccomend for this! ugh I havent been to my first dr appt yet

Red Bottom 2 kids; Middelfart, Denmark 15213 posts
9th May '13

Call the doc and ask about which stool softened you can use, or see which prenatals have stool softeners in them.

Drinking a lot of water should help a little too.

IDGAF ❤ 1 child; San Diego, CA, United States 30523 posts
9th May '13

eat things that have fiber in them. I dont really suggest any medicine this early in pregnancy since all of the baby's organs and stuff are forming.

Dontai's MUMMY! Due May 10; 33 kids; 3 angel babies; Memphis, Tennessee 437 posts
9th May '13
Quoting IDGAF ❤:" eat things that have fiber in them. I dont really suggest any medicine this early in pregnancy since all of the baby's organs and stuff are forming."

thanks

GavinsMomJohnnysWife 2 kids; Texas 2789 posts
9th May '13

I take Prenaissance Capsules they have stool softeners in them and have a chocolate flavored coating.

FertileMyrtle2011 Due November 13; 3 kids; Indiana 185 posts
9th May '13

When I was pregnant with my son, I had the same issues. I ate activia yogurt twice a day and drank a ton of water. It really helped me. Sometimes I would have to use stool softeners but tried not to if I didn't have to.

Summerfrost 51 kids; Massachusetts 5715 posts
9th May '13

While pregnant I have to have a cerclage in (a stitch in my cervix to keep me from dilating early). Every pregnancy the dr starts me on colace to keep me from straining at all because it can be dangerous for me. It's normally very gentle and just keeps things moving without causing diarrhea.

I have in the past used prunes. They work, but they also make me crampy. Make sure that you're drinking a ton of water if you're taking extra fiber. If you don't drink enough, it can just make the problem worse. Good luck!