Reply
Jealousy is a b***h Crazy Train 18 kids; Killeen, Texas 1478 posts
11th May '13

I have 3 friends that are pregnant with girls right now and I am jealous beyond belief. I actually get sick to my stomach when I think about it because I'm probably never going to have a girl (there are NO women born in my husbands family). I hate myself for feeling so hateful towards my friends but I cant help it. I envy them.
Don't get me wrong, I adore my boys but I want a girl too. Any ideas on how to shake the jealousy? I've been trying to just ignore it and act right but that's easier said than done....

Jesa. TTC since Mar 2012; 1 child; 2 angel babies; Oklahoma 15379 posts
11th May '13

What I would do in this situation is buy cute things for their girls and babysit them when they need you just to get that fix. Haha.

orchidlovingmama 2 kids; Santa Rosa, California 1769 posts
11th May '13

Just think of how hellacious its going to be when all those girls become teenagers, wanna have boyfriends, want you to buy them 150 ugg boots, need birth control, want to wear all you're clothes, want to dye their hair purple our bleach it blonde lol. That was enough to get over the girl thing for me. I have two boys and if I get a girl next I'm happy but it certainly won't break my heart if its a boy. Much much much easier in the future : )

Yurvette [♥] 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Hyrule Castle, LZ, San Marino 36521 posts
11th May '13
Quoting orchidlovingmama:" Just think of how hellacious its going to be when all those girls become teenagers, wanna have boyfriends, ... [snip!] ... and if I get a girl next I'm happy but it certainly won't break my heart if its a boy. Much much much easier in the future : )"


I certainly agree! lol.

user banned 2 kids; Hamilton, Ontario 19220 posts
11th May '13

I think about all the people who pray for what I have.

Jesa. TTC since Mar 2012; 1 child; 2 angel babies; Oklahoma 15379 posts
11th May '13
Quoting orchidlovingmama:" Just think of how hellacious its going to be when all those girls become teenagers, wanna have boyfriends, ... [snip!] ... and if I get a girl next I'm happy but it certainly won't break my heart if its a boy. Much much much easier in the future : )"


HAHA I think of these things.. Like do I really want to deal with a teenage girl some day? :P

Jesa. TTC since Mar 2012; 1 child; 2 angel babies; Oklahoma 15379 posts
11th May '13
Quoting A Beautiful Disaster:" I think about all the people who pray for what I have. "



That's a good way to think about it :)

Ronnie RadKat 4 kids; Arizona 22156 posts
11th May '13
Quoting orchidlovingmama:" Just think of how hellacious its going to be when all those girls become teenagers, wanna have boyfriends, ... [snip!] ... and if I get a girl next I'm happy but it certainly won't break my heart if its a boy. Much much much easier in the future : )"


This!



I have a 14yr old you can have OP ;)

California Dreaming ♡ Due April 24; 3 kids; The Valley, CA, United States 2829 posts
status 11th May '13
Quoting orchidlovingmama:" Just think of how hellacious its going to be when all those girls become teenagers, wanna have boyfriends, ... [snip!] ... and if I get a girl next I'm happy but it certainly won't break my heart if its a boy. Much much much easier in the future : )"


THIS!!!

Crazy Train 18 kids; Killeen, Texas 1478 posts
11th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting A Beautiful Disaster:</b>" I think about all the people who pray for what I have. "</blockquote>




This is what I do to calm myself down and then I cry because I feel terrible for being such a b***h..

Crazy Train 18 kids; Killeen, Texas 1478 posts
11th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting orchidlovingmama:</b>" Just think of how hellacious its going to be when all those girls become teenagers, wanna have boyfriends, ... [snip!] ... and if I get a girl next I'm happy but it certainly won't break my heart if its a boy. Much much much easier in the future : )"</blockquote>




I actually look forward to those things... because I'm weird and I like challenge...

Jesa. TTC since Mar 2012; 1 child; 2 angel babies; Oklahoma 15379 posts
11th May '13
Quoting 36-24-36OnlyIfshes5-3:" This! I have a 14yr old you can have OP ;)"



:lol:

Crazy Train 18 kids; Killeen, Texas 1478 posts
11th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting 36-24-36OnlyIfshes5-3:</b>" This! I have a 14yr old you can have OP ;)"</blockquote>




I have considered adopting a girl :P

Red Bottom TTC since Apr 2014; 2 kids; Middelfart, Denmark 15307 posts
11th May '13

Statistically there's a 51% chance for a boy and 49% chance of a girl in any pregnancy. Men are born with equal parts make sperm and female sperm. You have the same chance as anyone else to get pregnant with a girl.

Crazy Train 18 kids; Killeen, Texas 1478 posts
11th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Red Bottom:</b>" Statistically there's a 51% chance for a boy and 49% chance of a girl in any pregnancy. Men are born ... [snip!] ... Men are born with equal parts make sperm and female sperm. You have the same chance as anyone else to get pregnant with a girl."</blockquote>



How do you explain my husbands family then? There are no females born in his family in the last three generations. Not one.