10 months & rejecting formula, gagging while eating sheenaha 1 child; Washington 47 posts
13th May '13

Ok, so my baby has been acting weird for the past week or so. I can't decide if he is getting over some bug or if he is just having trouble with formula & food. Has anyone else had experience with their baby getting very mad at bottles after they are already used to them? He's been taking bottles and formula for months. He used to take 4-7 ounces regularly. Now he takes 2-4 ounces at a time. He has only been getting about 16 ounces a day. Is that normal?

He also gets really gaggy at mealtime. He has thrown up 2 times in the past week, but only when being fed. The food was a chunky level 3 baby food and applesauce in oatmeal. Nothing crazy that would make him choke. He spiked a 103 temp about a week ago and had a couple diarrhea blow-outs but I'm not sure if that would be related to his weird eating issues or not. Since he only gags during meal time I am not so sure that he is sick...and he seems happy as long as we aren't putting a bottle in his mouth.

Anybody have a take on this? Thoughts/ideas would be appreciated.

loser mom Due June 24 (twins); 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Oslo, Norway, ,,, Europe 11235 posts
status 13th May '13

I think he's getting over a bug. He probably associated the bottle with making his tummy hurt. Maybe in a couple days he'll feel better. :(

sheenaha 1 child; Washington 47 posts
13th May '13

Gosh, I hope so. It's frustrating because you want to give him more fluid than usual but he is taking even less. Thank goodness he is into sippy cups. He gets a little extra water that way.