12 year old charged with murder, adult or child? Mama Rice 34 kids; North Las Vegas, Nevada 11980 posts
14th May '13

This was predicted on here when the story first came out and I hoped it wouldn't be so. How sad.

In cases like this do you think the child being charged as an adult is right or not? What about if the child only served 7 or 8 years for the murder (if they were charged as a minor and released at 21)?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/14/18260892-boy-12-charged-with-second-degree-murder-in-8-year-old-sisters-stabbing-death?lite

user banned 3 kids; Los Angeles, California 54034 posts
14th May '13

Child. If a 12 year old isn't a child...who is? He isn't even a teen. That said, something is not f**king right with this kid and he needs extensive help. I feel like if at 21 he's ready to go back into the world...fine. That's serving a sentence or whatever almost as long as his whole life has been.

Mama Rice 34 kids; North Las Vegas, Nevada 11980 posts
14th May '13
Quoting Dr. Paradigm Shift:" Child. If a 12 year old isn't a child...who is? He isn't even a teen. That said, something is not f**king ... [snip!] ... he's ready to go back into the world...fine. That's serving a sentence or whatever almost as long as his whole life has been. "

I would hope that a child like that would be placed in a secure mental hospital rather than juvenile hall. I don't think that juvenile hall would help improve their mental issues.

Kylie's👣Mommy. 1 child; Texas 3379 posts
14th May '13

That's so terrible.

He is a child. But he's also a killer. I believe at 12 you know what your doing. He's just crazy. Poor family.

~Julie Blue Eyes~ 1 child; Nunya, CA, United States 6051 posts
status 14th May '13

A child, for sure.

He's only TWELVE <SMH>

14th May '13
Quoting Mama Rice:" I would hope that a child like that would be placed in a secure mental hospital rather than juvenile hall. I don't think that juvenile hall would help improve their mental issues."

Yeaaah. Same here. I mean, something is super wrong here.

Aracely+3! 💜 3 kids; California 705 posts
14th May '13

Im about an hour or so from where this happen, the boy is not getting charged as an adult because its second degree, in calif they wont charge you as an adult for second because its not consider premeditated. Fucked up system right..
Btw. I work at a correctional facility.

Red Bottom 2 kids; Middelfart, Denmark 15185 posts
14th May '13

I think it would depend. Did he plan out the murder ahead if time? To him, what was his justification in doing what he did.

Times are different now and a 12 yr old when I grew up is WAY different than a 12 year old now-a-days.

Soon 2 be mom of 3 Due November 6; 2 kids; Massachusetts 412 posts
14th May '13

He's a child but if he is capable of murdering his sister at 12 what will he be capable of at 21?? Certainly not someone who should be walking our streets free ever. This story is just sad beyond words.

mamaluvsher4babies 36 kids; California 4230 posts
14th May '13

I live 30 mins where this happen. I am part of a groupd on FB who donated to this family. And ladies there is soooo much more to this story then you all know. I called it and figured it was the brother. That's beside the point. Let's just say this child needs help

14th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting mamaluvsher4babies:</b>" I live 30 mins where this happen. I am part of a groupd on FB who donated to this family. And ladies ... [snip!] ... then you all know. I called it and figured it was the brother. That's beside the point. Let's just say this child needs help"</blockquote>

I'm willing to listen if you're willing to share.

14th May '13
Quoting mamaluvsher4babies:" I live 30 mins where this happen. I am part of a groupd on FB who donated to this family. And ladies ... [snip!] ... then you all know. I called it and figured it was the brother. That's beside the point. Let's just say this child needs help"

Okay, well, your vagueness doesn't really change anyone's minds. I mean, if you have something to say, say it.

mamaluvsher4babies 36 kids; California 4230 posts
14th May '13
Quoting Dr. Paradigm Shift:" Okay, well, your vagueness doesn't really change anyone's minds. I mean, if you have something to say, say it. "

Where did I say I wanted to change anyones mind? Never did I say I was trying to change anyone's mind.

14th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Dr. Paradigm Shift:</b>" Okay, well, your vagueness doesn't really change anyone's minds. I mean, if you have something to say, say it. "</blockquote>

She didn't sound like she was trying to change anyone's mind....

14th May '13
Quoting mamaluvsher4babies:" Where did I say I wanted to change anyones mind? Never did I say I was trying to change anyone's mind. "

So...what was the point of your little "teaser"?