33 weeks! ☮Hippie Jesus☮ 2 kids; West Virginia 10560 posts
15th May '13

WOO HOO! 7 more weeks left!

My son was born just shy of 37 weeks, though, so as long as I at least make it 4 more weeks, I will happy. Since he was born before 37, they took him away from me immediately and I didn't really see him or spend any time with him until about 3 hours after he was born. I definitely don't want that again. So baby needs to stay in for AT LEAST 4 more.

I was having irregular contractions for a few hours a couple days ago... almost decided to go into L&D, but it eventually stopped and I've felt fine ever since.

Squeaky McGee 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Indiana 63810 posts
15th May '13

Woohoo! He was term. Why did they automatically take him? Was he in respiratory distress? It just seems weird that they would take him without reason. My daughter was born at 39 weeks in respiratory distress. She had a collapsed lung. Didn't see that coming! Anyway, good luck!

☮Hippie Jesus☮ 2 kids; West Virginia 10560 posts
15th May '13
Quoting Squeaky McGee [29 wks]:" Woohoo! He was term. Why did they automatically take him? Was he in respiratory distress? It just seems ... [snip!] ... My daughter was born at 39 weeks in respiratory distress. She had a collapsed lung. Didn't see that coming! Anyway, good luck!"

They didn't rush him off or anything. He was fine... But they just took him and said that they wanted to watch him for awhile since he wasn't quite 37 weeks. I didn't see him until about an hour after I was put in my room.

PurpleBama582 52 kids; Dothan, Alabama 3875 posts
15th May '13

My older two were both born before 37 weeks(35w5, and 35w even) and neither of them was taken from me. They only took them to the nursery when they HAD to. Other than that, they both stayed in my room with me. My son(the 35w even) had one day extra stay because he had a slight problem regulating his own body temp, but that extra day was it.