Quoting Amanda Contento:" maybe she just doesn't have money for the gas. I would understand then. But yeah 35 minutes isn't bad. Not bashing you Mama Munchkin Wrangler"
No, gas isn't an issue.
I just honestly don't think going there would make a difference.
You cant even get in to the offices until you make it through the main lobby and they dont deal with the doctors directly. There are a bunch of different offices/services.
My point in the drive was that I really don't think it would work so it wasnt something I could be persistent with. Plus, I work 40 min from home in the opposite direction. I think honestly to get anything done I would have to sit at the office all damn day to get my point across.
I just don't understand it. They should be on top of this. They say they will call you back that day, yet here it is two days later. I took the wrap you use for like horses, and I wrapped her cast where it was weakening because she really hates the brace, but if they haven't called me by Monday it looks like I will have to use the brace abd just see if the pedi can do it. Ortho had warned me, though that they dont suggest using the pediatrician for casting. If they won't get her in though, what other choice is there.
On top of that we had to wait 5 weeks for her MRI and then it was rescheduled for another 5 weeks! Now that places us at 4 weeks from now. Gah! There is literally nowhere else to go, though for Ortho around here. This is supposed to be "the best" place.
Where do you live? I worked in a very large ortho office and that's how it was where I worked, you had to go through the main lobby and medical staff was in the back. There is no reason she has to wait that long for a MRI. I would call and check with your insurance co what hospital they cover. Every hospital has MRI and you can take the order from the doctor and have it done there. I know ortho places with their own MRI and surgery centers always push super hard for you to have things done with them but it is not necessary. Also you can call her pediatrician and explain to them what's going on and they can call and talk to the doctor to help move things along. If there is no medical need to wait for the MRI I would NOT wait 10 f**king weeks.. no way no how. Hospitals and imaging centers are all very capable of doing the MRI and have their own radiologists to read. They will give you a CD and fax the report. You can also call your local hospital talk to the ortho floor and get a referral to another ortho. I wish you and your daughter the best of luck but I have to tell you I disagree with you wanting to take her cast off and brace her without talking to a doctor or nurse.
Quoting SherryandMatt:" Where do you live? I worked in a very large ortho office and that's how it was where I worked, you had ... [snip!] ... but I have to tell you I disagree with you wanting to take her cast off and brace her without talking to a doctor or nurse."
There really isn't any other place to go. I asked the hospital if they could get her in sooner and they declined and I asked her pedi who also said no, that the wait was normal. The office does not have their own MRI machine and since she needs anesthesia for it, I have to go by when the hospital will schedule it. It was rescheduled because she had a cough, but again, they're making us wait another 5 weeks. Im so annoyed.
She was in the brace. The only reason she is in the cast is so she is immobilized 24/7, even in the shower. But if the thing has lost all integrity and is peeling off in layers than honestly the brace would probably be better fir her anyways.
They finally called me back and said they could replace her cast Monday, and to duct tape it until then. Oy.
Quoting MunchkinWrangler:" There really isn't any other place to go. I asked the hospital if they could get her in sooner and they ... [snip!] ... fir her anyways. They finally called me back and said they could replace her cast Monday, and to duct tape it until then. Oy."
When I had said Ace wrap it i was also going to say or Duct Tape. It works great! Glad they finally called back. I'd be sure to let the dr know the shitty service you are getting with not getting calls back. That is unacceptible IMO:( I didn't see DD age so I didnt' realize she needed anesthesia. Jeesh any more stress?! Hope all goes well!!!
Quoting SherryandMatt:" When I had said Ace wrap it i was also going to say or Duct Tape. It works great! Glad they finally ... [snip!] ... unacceptible IMO:( I didn't see DD age so I didnt' realize she needed anesthesia. Jeesh any more stress?! Hope all goes well!!!"
Yeah I complained and the PA just said "Sorry, it's just really busy here and I didn't have a chance and the other nurses wouldn't have called you back, it has to be me."
I continued to tell her that if she expects to tell me that I can ONLY take my daughter there to get her cast fixed, that they need to be responsive because it's not fair to her to have to walk around in a broken cast for days because they "dont have a chance" to return my call.
Yeah, it sucks that she needs the anesthesia... but realistically no kid is going to sit still for that long, and especially when they have to be alone in the room. It would be so scary. Even as an adult they had to load me full of Valium when I had one. Hah! DS is probably getting tubes, so we're thinking about the anesthesia for him, too.