30 day squat challenge *~*allykat*~* 1 child; Washington 891 posts
17th May '13

Did anyone take before and after pictures? I'm thinking about trying it, a few weeks ago I was stuck and not losing any weight, I added some stationary bike to my workout and finally see a few pounds taking a hike. But I still don't feel like I'm putting enough effort out. I'm not exactly lazy, but not much better. I need some progress to give me some motivation, and I hate my ass so I thought maybe the 30 day squat challenge would be a good idea to give me some progress motivation. I know I'm looking thinner slowly, and I like that, but now I want to try targeting certain areas. My normal exercise is walking for about 30/45 minutes and 15 ish on the stationary bike. 2 days a week I do uphill walking and that seems to have helped a lot. I just need to start giving myself a monthly plan, stick to it, and change it every month so I don't hit a stand still. I need to lose like 80+ pounds...

Buzz and Almond Joys momm 2 kids; Albuquerque, New Mexico 12593 posts
17th May '13

I am doing the 30 day squat challenge, but I am doing it for pure toning.

This will be great for toning but you should get more cardio in more than the 2 days. ( I know easier said, but it's true)

[[usmcwife]] 1 child; 3 angel babies; Maine 956 posts
17th May '13

Walking is amazing! It helps to lose weight all over your body, once you hit your goal weight then id start targeting certain areas if not you'll be wasting your time (person experience). Squatting is another one of my favorites, it definitely shapes & tightens your buns lol

*~*allykat*~* 1 child; Washington 891 posts
17th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Buzz and Almond Joys momm:</b>" I am doing the 30 day squat challenge, but I am doing it for pure toning. This will be great for toning but you should get more cardio in more than the 2 days. ( I know easier said, but it's true)"</blockquote>

I do walking and stationary bike everyday, I just do uphill 2 days out of the week.

17th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting [[usmcwife]]:</b>" Walking is amazing! It helps to lose weight all over your body, once you hit your goal weight then id ... [snip!] ... wasting your time (person experience). Squatting is another one of my favorites, it definitely shapes & tightens your buns lol"</blockquote>

I just feel like needing to lose 80+ pounds I should add strength in so I have more muscle to burn the fat. Strength is something I've never really done. I hate weights, pushups, situps etc.. but I want to do it now so I don't have yucky savvy skin later.

17th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting *~*allykat*~*:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting [[usmcwife]]:</b>" Walking is amazing! It helps to lose weight ... [snip!] ... I've never really done. I hate weights, pushups, situps etc.. but I want to do it now so I don't have yucky savvy skin later."</blockquote>

Which is why you should do it, but after you reach your goal. If you try to tone now, your just building muscle under fat, & you won't tone anything. Its hard, but doable. You also need to change your diet, protein & the good fatty acids help burn fat, along with a bunch of others. Just do your research, make a diet plan of exercise & meals, portion it and you should be good to go. But it has to be a life long change, & just think it takes months & years to put on weight so its gonna take the same amount to lose it.

17th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting [[usmcwife]]:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting *~*allykat*~*:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting [[usmcwife]]:</b>" ... [snip!] ... to be a life long change, & just think it takes months & years to put on weight so its gonna take the same amount to lose it."</blockquote>

My diet is really healthy. I don't eat junk food, and almost never eat processed food. I make everything homemade. I do need to add fruit and veggies more because I know I don't get enough, but I don't see any need to alter my diet any more than I have in the last year. I use myfitnesspal to help remind me of my portion control. It's the fact that I'd rather lay around all day is the problem.

17th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting *~*allykat*~*:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting [[usmcwife]]:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting *~*allykat*~*:</b>" ... [snip!] ... I use myfitnesspal to help remind me of my portion control. It's the fact that I'd rather lay around all day is the problem."</blockquote>

yeah, motivation, so good when we feel it but its so hard to start lol that's when a workout buddy comes in handy, or just someone for the motivation in general. Do you feel a lack of energy, is that why you'd rather "sit around" than workout?

17th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting [[usmcwife]]:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting *~*allykat*~*:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting [[usmcwife]]:</b>" ... [snip!] ... just someone for the motivation in general. Do you feel a lack of energy, is that why you'd rather "sit around" than workout?"</blockquote>

Ya, I feel like I have no energy

17th May '13

I don't mean for any of this to sound rude so I apologize in advance if it domes across that way.

Is your stationary biking and walking at a good pace? Like are you sweating, out of breath, hating it or is it comfortable?

And what does your diet consist of? I know you say it's health made at home, but what is healthy meaning to you?

It is great to at some muscle toning exercises but with as much you need some good cardio involved.

Do you go to a gym? ( if not you can still do it at home too)
Work outs for me usually include 30-45 min cardio after I have worked out the muscle group.
Say I did arms and chest one day ( I usually did abs every other day on top of the other muscle groups) or chest and back. And legs all by themselves ( included glutes)

17th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Buzz and Almond Joys momm:</b>" I don't mean for any of this to sound rude so I apologize in advance if it domes across that way. Is ... [snip!] ... did abs every other day on top of the other muscle groups) or chest and back. And legs all by themselves ( included glutes)"</blockquote>

My diet is mostly chicken, one day a week red meat. Veggies with every dinner ( broccoli, corn, peas, beans, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, carrots. I try to rotate) I'm also growing most of these in my garden this summer. Then, most days but not all, I have pasta, potatoes, or rice with dinner.

Usually left overs for lunch. ( I'm in college over an hour from home) days I'm home usually salad or soup. Breakfast is usually a protein shake and coffee.

Stationary bike I'm usually at high resistance and as fast as I can go. I usually am covered in sweat and panting. My uphill walks I go until I sweat, sweat for 5 minutes while speeding up, then turn around and walk slow downhill. My other walks are pushing a stroller and pretty slow.

I can't afford a gym membership, nor is there one anywhere close to me. I'm already gone 10 hours on my class days so even if I could afford it I couldn't go on those days. I hate hate hate gyms also.

thats me. :) 18 kids; Edmonton, Alberta 3012 posts
17th May '13
Quoting *~*allykat*~*:" <blockquote><b>Quoting [[usmcwife]]:</b>" Walking is amazing! It helps to lose weight ... [snip!] ... I've never really done. I hate weights, pushups, situps etc.. but I want to do it now so I don't have yucky savvy skin later."

I agree!! you should be adding in strength exercise so that your skin has something to hold on to, and you burn more calories!!

That was my biggest mistake for the last few months. I just did cardio, and now, I have been stuck at the same weight for 5 months now. I just recently started using weights and doing Insanity workout. Hope this works for me.

And good luck for you!!!

17th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting *~*allykat*~*:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting Buzz and Almond Joys momm:</b>" I don't mean for any of this ... [snip!] ... already gone 10 hours on my class days so even if I could afford it I couldn't go on those days. I hate hate hate gyms also."</blockquote>

Your diet sounds great. I too know the college eating ( I am in school full time)
The cardio sounds great. I would do that 30 day squat challenge and add some other at home strength/ toning exercises. I found a lot of my stuff on Pinterest ( my husband who is a body builder says most of the ones on there would actually be good for people to do)

18th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Buzz and Almond Joys momm:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting *~*allykat*~*:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting Buzz ... [snip!] ... stuff on Pinterest ( my husband who is a body builder says most of the ones on there would actually be good for people to do)"</blockquote>

I might even need to change up my cardio. I think my body is just to used to what I'm doing, and I know I'm doing it good, but I think some strength would just kick it up just that much more.