Reply
vbac concerns Danielle Pooler-Hernandez Due June 6; 1 child; Alabama 13 posts
18th May '13

i know everyone says baby will come when they are ready. i have a 19 month old son that i had an emergency c-section with and am scheduled for another one if i dont go into labor naturally by the 31st. i have tried everything but sex since hubs is not home. walking, stairs, castor oil didnt do anything! my concern is my doctor wont let me go past 39 weeks since lo has been measuring full term for 3 weeks. also he says even if i try to have a natural birth i may still need the surgery due to his size. in my opinion if his size is the concern why wont he induce me?

Mrs. Brightside 2 kids; Lichtensteig, Switzerland 11733 posts
18th May '13

I don't understand why tey are only giving you til the 31st to go into labor when you aren't even due til the 7th...? And I don't believe size is a concern for inducing or automatically going to a c/sec. The dr can only estimate and a lot of times is way off on the size, and even if the baby is big, big babies are vagunally birthed everyday! I would be firm with your dr and tell him/her that you want a vbac and want te chance to make it to your due date without intervention

Mrs. Brightside 2 kids; Lichtensteig, Switzerland 11733 posts
18th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Mrs. Brightside:</b>" I don't understand why tey are only giving you til the 31st to go into labor when you aren't even due ... [snip!] ... be firm with your dr and tell him/her that you want a vbac and want te chance to make it to your due date without intervention"</blockquote>




Sorry about the typos, I'm on my phone! Lol

Danielle Pooler-Hernandez Due June 6; 1 child; Alabama 13 posts
18th May '13

i guess given his size he is concerned about my uterus rupturing trying to deliver natural. my thing is if the size is a concern and you already KNOW i want to deliver natural why not induce me? i have two weeks to go into natural labor and nothing i have tried is working :(

*Mama G* 2 kids; Massachusetts 2208 posts
18th May '13

Tell your doctor you don't want a repeat c/s, or at least that you want to move the date closer to your c/s. You don't have to go with everything he suggests right off the bat. GL

Juggernog-aholic 4 kids; 2 angel babies; P, AR, United States 19809 posts
18th May '13
Quoting Danielle Pooler-Hernandez:" i guess given his size he is concerned about my uterus rupturing trying to deliver natural. my thing ... [snip!] ... i want to deliver natural why not induce me? i have two weeks to go into natural labor and nothing i have tried is working :("


They don't like inducing for VBACs from what I've read. But you can tell him that you don't want a csection until at least your due date, which would give you a bit more time.

Crazy Train 18 kids; Killeen, Texas 1478 posts
18th May '13

He CANNOT force you to have a c-section. However he can refuse to induce. I would wait it out and go into labor on your own.

Mama Lizzy :] 1 child; Texas 5575 posts
18th May '13

I would refuse the c section and not consider it until you are past 42 weeks. Unless you have gestational diabetes or something that would actually make the baby too large for you. It is so incredibly rare that your body will just decide to make a baby too big...If you really want a VBAC its best to wait until natural labor takes place....labor at home as long as you can then go in because they will have you on a time schedule once you go in and your time could be limited.
Do not get induced...it can cause way more complications including uterine rupture....your uterus will not rupture from a bigger baby :/...BUT inducing you cause harsher contractions and can hyperstimulate your uterus ultimately causing ruptures ...and this is more likely to happen in induction on VBAC mommas



eta- uterine**

Danielle Pooler-Hernandez Due June 6; 1 child; Alabama 13 posts
18th May '13

he doesnt want me to try vaginal birth because of my history of high blood pressure. but i dont see anything wrong with it as long as they monitor me properly and keep it under control. i am borderline diabetic and i think that is causing the baby to be so big. i started measuring ahead at 30 weeks i was measuring 34 and its been a pattern since then. he has not dropped i am not dilated any and my cervix has just began to soften i dont see me going into labor soon.

Mama Lizzy :] 1 child; Texas 5575 posts
18th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Danielle Pooler-Hernandez:</b>" he doesnt want me to try vaginal birth because of my history of high blood pressure. but i dont see anything ... [snip!] ... since then. he has not dropped i am not dilated any and my cervix has just began to soften i dont see me going into labor soon."</blockquote>




Keep in mind that those ultrasounds can be WAY off. My son was estimated to be 3 lbs larger then he ended up being :(. I was induced for it...and even tho I was dilated to a 2 already ....my body did not respond well to the pitocin and I ended up with a C section.



Do they have midwives at your hospital? They are usually much more pro minimal intervention.



If you are borderline just keep an eye on it and hold out...you will be in a hospital either way incase they need to do a c section so why not go for natural labor first?

Mama Lizzy :] 1 child; Texas 5575 posts
18th May '13

My son came out 7 lbs 2 oz....and the exact same thing happened to a couple friends of mine.

Danielle Pooler-Hernandez Due June 6; 1 child; Alabama 13 posts
26th May '13

update had an ultrasound at 37 weeks lo's head was measuring 39w3d his abdomen 40w1d estimated weight 7pounds13oz. i have cancel c-section as we have come to an agreement for trying a vbac.

Mrs. Brightside 2 kids; Lichtensteig, Switzerland 11733 posts
27th May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Danielle Pooler-Hernandez:</b>" update had an ultrasound at 37 weeks lo's head was measuring 39w3d his abdomen 40w1d estimated weight 7pounds13oz. i have cancel c-section as we have come to an agreement for trying a vbac."</blockquote>




That's awesome!! Hope you have a successful vbac!!