12 weeks and I already know the gender!!! Miss.Paige Aurora, Colorado 5 posts
23rd May '13

So yesterday we went into my doctor for our 12 week checkup. Everything was looking great even though I've been feeling super super crummy this whole pregnancy! We got to see our baby moving around all crazy, kicking his feets, and bouncing around, although I still can't feel it at all lol. Then our nurse looks at us and says, "so would u like to kno the sex?"... Our mouths dropped cause we had no clue we could kno this early, it was completely unexpected! So of course we were like YES!!, turns out we our having a BOY!!! And we couldn't be more happy! Best surprise of our lives!....... Have any of u mammas been able to find out early?? Also, before I was pregnant I was weighing at 120, now after 12 weeks I'm weighing at 114, doctor says I'm ok but has this happened to any of u ladies? I just wanna see my baby bump growing but no luck so far!

Squeaky McGee [19 wks] Due May 7 (boy); 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Indiana 66625 posts
status 23rd May '13

I wouldn't trust it that early. The genitals are JUST beginning to differentiate at 12 weeks.

Mandi 18 kids; New Mexico 16517 posts
23rd May '13

I wouldn't rely on that, TBH. All babies look like boys at 12 weeks, because of the nub. Even 14 weeks can be too early, because the genitals are just starting to form, and the nub begins to disappear.

Simply, Mom 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Upland, 11738 posts
23rd May '13

I wouldnt go buy anything just yet. earliest you can really tell is 16- 18 weeks. I suggest 20. when i went to west coast ultrasound institute the earliest they told me to tell people was at 15 weeks and that I should state that it is not a sure thing.

California Dreaming ♡ Due April 25; 3 kids; The Valley, CA, United States 3246 posts
23rd May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Miss.Paige:</b>" So yesterday we went into my doctor for our 12 week checkup. Everything was looking great even though ... [snip!] ... at 114, doctor says I'm ok but has this happened to any of u ladies? I just wanna see my baby bump growing but no luck so far!"</blockquote>

I wouldn't go buy blue yet. All babies look the same about that time.

**Blessed_Insanity** 7 kids; Wyoming 19042 posts
23rd May '13

The earliest I have ever found out was at 14 weeks. at 12 weeks they still all look like boys because they all still have a nub. Unless you have a blood test or amnio that is really the only sure way of knowing for sure the gender. Of course that does not mean you are NOT Having a boy, just dont be surprised that if in 10 weeks your told your having a girl, lol..

user banned 21 kids; North Dakota 3800 posts
23rd May '13

At 14 weeks we found out what we were having...and I bought a ton of stuff. At 20 weeks we found out what we were REALLY having...and I returned a ton of stuff. Don't rely on one at 12 weeks.

☮[The Mrs.] FJB Due December 4; 3 kids; North Carolina 14335 posts
23rd May '13

I found out at ten via blood test

♥MamaToS&O♥ 2 kids; ., IL, United States 11772 posts
status 23rd May '13

I wouldn't believe that. At 12 weeks they still have a nub and are just starting to change. Heck they were wrong at 15 weeks 6 days for me. So I definitely wouldn't announce you're having a boy or go out and buy blue just yet.
And yes I lost a lot of weight at the beginning of my pregnancy. Then gained like a cow.

23rd May '13
Quoting ☮[The Mrs.]:" I found out at ten via blood test"

Blood test i would believe, ultra sound not so much.

I declare a Time War 1 child; Ohio 1591 posts
23rd May '13

I'm 12 weeks also and I have lost 4 lbs from have horrible all day sickness. My midwife says I'm fine as long as I am eating a healthy diet, staying hydrated and taking my prenatals.

☮[The Mrs.] FJB Due December 4; 3 kids; North Carolina 14335 posts
23rd May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting **Blessed Insanity **:</b>" Blood test i would believe, ultra sound not so much."</blockquote>

Yeah I'd be iffy about an ultrasound even at 15 weeks

23rd May '13
Quoting ☮[The Mrs.]:" <blockquote><b>Quoting **Blessed Insanity **:</b>" Blood test i would believe, ... [snip!] ... test i would believe, ultra sound not so much."</blockquote> Yeah I'd be iffy about an ultrasound even at 15 weeks"

Yeah i was iffy even when i had my scan for bleeding at 14 and they told me i was having a boy. I WANTED A boy, but didnt want to get my hopes up that he was a boy and then turn into a girl. Thankfully he stayed a boy. I would have NEVER believed a 12 week scan though.

Summerfrost 51 kids; Massachusetts 6862 posts
23rd May '13

Sometimes after 13 weeks or so, the U/S tech will guess, but it's just a guess. Around 12 weeks, both boys and girls look very similar down there. I wouldn't go running out and buying boy stuff until you have your anatomy scan at 20 weeks.

Brantley+Savannah 2 kids; Mills River, NC, United States 3119 posts
23rd May '13

without genetic testing you cant know that early. (I think its that kind of testing). My landlord knew at 10 weeks what she was having because she had miscarried before due to some rare kidney condition that her baby had developed and some rare condition she developed and they did a bunch of genetic testing to make sure this baby didn't have it.

I wouldn't trust it. at 12 weeks the genitals aren't formed, boy and girl parts both look the same at this point. Wait till your anatomy U/S.

Ive lost about 10 lbs since I got pregnant. My dr didn't seem to concerned about it but my nutritionist did. I had lost 5 lbs just between visits. She went from wanting me to eat more and eat healthy, to just wanting me to take in more calories.