4 year old writing Mama Rice 34 kids; North Las Vegas, Nevada 11980 posts
31st May '13

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/sc6pao.jpg[/IMG]

I have been working with 4 year old nephew for the last 4-5 months and we have gone through all the basics (identifying colors and shapes, recognizing letters) and are starting to work on writing our letters. It took awhile for me to get him to want to learn and participate. But I am pretty proud of where he is at.

user banned Due November 7; 1 child; Dayton, Ohio 26853 posts
31st May '13

No picture, but cool

lolajessup Due July 25; 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Beaverton, Michigan 44057 posts
31st May '13

That's really good. But I'm just kinda curious why you taught him hd name in all caps?

Mama Rice 34 kids; North Las Vegas, Nevada 11980 posts
31st May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting lolajessup:</b>" That's really good. But I'm just kinda curious why you taught him hd name in all caps?"</blockquote>

He struggled with lower case letters. We are starting lower case letters soon.

And when I taught daycare we were taught (a teacher came in to help us develop our teaching plans) to start with capital letters.

Just Ames 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Montego Bay, Jamaica 114793 posts
31st May '13
Quoting Smartass *Preggo!*:" No picture, but cool"

You're such a dick.

Anyway, OP that is great :) Even if uggo couldn't see the picture it's still amazing that you had a hand in this and your hard work (and his) has paid off.

Just Ames 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Montego Bay, Jamaica 114793 posts
31st May '13
Quoting Mama Rice:" <blockquote><b>Quoting lolajessup:</b>" That's really good. But I'm just kinda curious ... [snip!] ... when I taught daycare we were taught (a teacher came in to help us develop our teaching plans) to start with capital letters."

My Son's Pre-K class did assignment sheets with both upper and lower. Do you have any of those? (as far as the ones where you draw in the lines)

Mama Rice 34 kids; North Las Vegas, Nevada 11980 posts
31st May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Just Ames:</b>" My Son's Pre-K class did assignment sheets with both upper and lower. Do you have any of those? (as far as the ones where you draw in the lines)"</blockquote>

I am printing some out this weekend. We were working on other things so I didn't print them out yet.

user banned Due November 7; 1 child; Dayton, Ohio 26853 posts
31st May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Just Ames:</b>" You're such a dick. Anyway, OP that is great :) Even if uggo couldn't see the picture it's still amazing that you had a hand in this and your hard work (and his) has paid off."</blockquote>

Lol. Great handwriting! Good teaching OP!! (Even though I never saw a picture)

Is that better?

c**t :)

lolajessup Due July 25; 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Beaverton, Michigan 44057 posts
31st May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Just Ames:</b>" My Son's Pre-K class did assignment sheets with both upper and lower. Do you have any of those? (as far as the ones where you draw in the lines)"</blockquote>

They need to take a course in developmentally appropriate practice then. Worksheets are my appropriate for preschoolers. I'm actually writing a research paper on it right now. I also have a blog eceadvocacy.blogspot.com