33 weeks, contractions and mucus plug user banned
31st May '13

Okay so this afternoon I noticed I was getting strong irregular BH that were sorta low and crampy. I started to feel what felt like the baby slamming his head in my cervix and this pressure sorta. I'm still having irregular but stronger than normal contractions. I just went to the bathroom after feeling something come out and it was a big hunk of plug o.O I've never had it come out in a huge solid clump like that always just stringy and in pieces in previous pregnancies.. I was planning in jumping SO when he got out of the shower. I'm afraid it will put me labor something. Should I hold off on sex??? If you lost a big clump how far along we're you and when did you go into labor?

Allissa Specht 35 kids; Essexville, Michigan 5437 posts
31st May '13

I would refrain from sex until you get checked out. If you lost ALL of your mucus plug, it could cause problems, since you're having contractions as well. How many are you having and how long are they lasting?

[♥]Mrs. Taylor 18 kids; Texas 12250 posts
31st May '13

I lost a huuuge chunk at around 34 weeks with my first and never thought anything of it. It wasn't until afterward I learned about the mucus plug. I would've gone overdue had I not been induced.

Just let your doctor know that you've been having contractions and lost your plug. They can do the ffn swab, and that should help put your mind at ease.

user banned 3 kids; Portland, Michigan 15675 posts
31st May '13

Your mucus plug can come back so I wouldn't worry too much since the contractions are irregular.

LA REINA™ New York, NY, United States 16361 posts
31st May '13
Quoting amazing grace:" Your mucus plug can come back so I wouldn't worry too much since the contractions are irregular."

This. I don't think you're going to go into labor if you have sex.

user banned 4 kids; Mueang Phuket, Thailand 30487 posts
31st May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting [♥]Mrs. Taylor:</b>" I lost a huuuge chunk at around 34 weeks with my first and never thought anything of it. It wasn't until ... [snip!] ... that you've been having contractions and lost your plug. They can do the ffn swab, and that should help put your mind at ease."</blockquote>

I have had a few episodes of constant contractions this pregnancy and my midwife was not concerned at all. Im probably starting to dilate? If I could reach I'd check myself lol. I have an US on Tuesday but won't see midwife till Friday. I'll mention it though.

31st May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting amazing grace:</b>" Your mucus plug can come back so I wouldn't worry too much since the contractions are irregular."</blockquote>

Yeah I know it can grow back. It's just weird it was a clump for me. Even in labor it never was a clump like that. Took me by surprise

Mrs. Dick + 6 (30+) 6 kids; 1 angel baby; Indianapolis, IN, United States 8985 posts
31st May '13

I would hold off from sex if you are having contractions and you are only 34 weeks.

31st May '13
Quoting ☮ Phuket:" <blockquote><b>Quoting amazing grace:</b>" Your mucus plug can come back so I wouldn't ... [snip!] ... know it can grow back. It's just weird it was a clump for me. Even in labor it never was a clump like that. Took me by surprise"

This was how I found out I was in preterm labor. I was 31 weeks and lost the mucus plug in a clump. I felt off so I went to L&D and ended up I was having contractions every 2 minutes lasting 90 seconds each.

Vindictive 50 kids; Switzerland 30558 posts
31st May '13

I lost my plug and started to dilate with Noah at 23w.

I would just keep an eye in things. And probably refrain from doin the dirty tonight.

31st May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Allissa Specht:</b>" This was how I found out I was in preterm labor. I was 31 weeks and lost the mucus plug in a clump. ... [snip!] ... in a clump. I felt off so I went to L&D and ended up I was having contractions every 2 minutes lasting 90 seconds each."</blockquote>

Mine are only every 10-15 mins about 45 secs. Sometimes I go even longer and then have 2 closer like 5-7 minutes or so. Not consistent

[♥]Mrs. Taylor 18 kids; Texas 12250 posts
31st May '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting ☮ Phuket:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting [♥]Mrs. Taylor:</b>" I lost a huuuge chunk at around ... [snip!] ... If I could reach I'd check myself lol. I have an US on Tuesday but won't see midwife till Friday. I'll mention it though."</blockquote>

I started feeling contractions at about 32/33 weeks this time around, and at my 34 week appointment the NP checked me and I was already at a 3. So they sent the FFN swab down to the lab and checked me in to l&d to monitor my contractions. The test came back negative, and they said to carry on as usual, and after 36 weeks (which I hit today) they won't stop labor if he comes. But since then I haven't progressed any, so hopefully he will bake a little longer!

31st May '13
Quoting ☮ Phuket:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Allissa Specht:</b>" This was how I found out I was in preterm ... [snip!] ... only every 10-15 mins about 45 secs. Sometimes I go even longer and then have 2 closer like 5-7 minutes or so. Not consistent"

I'd keep off your feet, drink some water and get some rest. If you're still having them tomorrow I'd call your OB honestly. I would have contractions I wasn't even feeling but once I was on the monitors they were there.

LA REINA™ New York, NY, United States 16361 posts
31st May '13
Quoting ☮ Phuket:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Allissa Specht:</b>" This was how I found out I was in preterm ... [snip!] ... only every 10-15 mins about 45 secs. Sometimes I go even longer and then have 2 closer like 5-7 minutes or so. Not consistent"

I was like that at 33 weeks with my middle child. I lost my plug and it was the size of the palm of my hand..I was so freaked out.