Reply
Kelly&Coralie 1 child; Rochester, New York 55066 posts
status 3rd Jun '13
Quoting crazy coupon lady:" I dont think so at all. Kids should be allowed to take as long as they want to eat something, whats ... [snip!] ... with kids who ate slower then others. 30+ meal time works for us 99% of the time, the other 1% we dont all eat together."


Glad that works for you



at school she'll have roughly 15-20 minutes to eat all of her food. with lots of distractions.



At home, I am sick of constantly heating up her food



and taking a whole day to eat a bowl of cereal is terrible.

user banned 3 kids; Ontario 10942 posts
3rd Jun '13
Quoting Kelly&Coralie:" Glad that works for you at school she'll have roughly 15-20 minutes to eat all of her food. with lots ... [snip!] ... At home, I am sick of constantly heating up her food and taking a whole day to eat a bowl of cereal is terrible."


My kids get 15 min lunches at school and 30 min of outside time. And they have enough time to eat. I know that time frame worries a lot of parents, butthey get used to it and will realize if they dont eat they will just be hungry later, plus lunches are monitored arnt they? They are here anyways. Does the school not have the eat through the day thing?

My middle dd is in kindergarden and they can eat whenever they are hungry at school, they have a nutrition break at 10am and then they have lunch at 11:30am, nutrition at break at 2pm but they can also eat and drink whenever they want, they just go to their cubby and grab a snack and go back to learning.

Kelly&Coralie 1 child; Rochester, New York 55066 posts
status 3rd Jun '13
Quoting crazy coupon lady:" My kids get 15 min lunches at school and 30 min of outside time. And they have enough time to eat. ... [snip!] ... 2pm but they can also eat and drink whenever they want, they just go to their cubby and grab a snack and go back to learning."


lol no they can't eat whenever they want. I've never heard of such a thing.

user banned 3 kids; Ontario 10942 posts
3rd Jun '13
Quoting Kelly&Coralie:" lol no they can't eat whenever they want. I've never heard of such a thing."



All the schools around her ar elike that, that is why I wasnt sure if it was every where. They feel that hungry kids dont learn well on empty stomachs.Thats why my kids lunches are so big, like todays lunch

ham and cajun chicken sandwich
pumpernickle bread with spinach dip
carrots and celery with dip
grapes and strawberries
dunkaroo
banana
1 bottle of water
(they get milk at school)
1 small carton of orange juice
crackers and a cheese string
fruit snack.

They always come home with usually nothing left in their lunch bags. Plus the teachers usually have snacks in the class, like cookies or granola bars apples oranges etc.....so if a child does not have enough and they are extra snacky that day they just give them something from the nutrition basket in the fridge.



Kelly&Coralie 1 child; Rochester, New York 55066 posts
status 3rd Jun '13
Quoting crazy coupon lady:" All the schools around her ar elike that, that is why I wasnt sure if it was every where. They feel ... [snip!] ... have enough and they are extra snacky that day they just give them something from the nutrition basket in the fridge. "



Wow that is a lot of food. Cora would never eat that much. That is what she eats in a DAY.



user banned 3 kids; Ontario 10942 posts
3rd Jun '13
Quoting Kelly&Coralie:" Wow that is a lot of food. Cora would never eat that much. That is what she eats in a DAY. "



It is a lot of food. lol And its that x 2 kids in school. lol wait till my 3rd hits in 3 yrs. lol I spend about 180 a week on school lunches if not more some weeks depending on what they want that week. lol sometimes its cheaper cause they ake homemade soups.

I never get why my kids come home from school at 3:30 in the afternoon and raid the fridge for snacks, then eat dinner at 5:45 and snack before bedtime. lol They do not eat breakfast tho and if they do its a banana or a yogurt, they dont like morning eating. lol