1 2 3 magic !!!!!!!!!!! Tiarras mommy & 1 Due December 24; 1 child; Amityville, New York 676 posts
6th Jun '13

Did anyone try it out and how did it work for you? Wat discipline methods are you using and are there any good parenting books ?! I really want to crack down with my 2 1/2 year old she really wild and acts up a lot I usually ignore her temper tantrums until she stops but she always says "i hate you" and then sorry be happy.... She knows its wrong but still says it ! And starts throwing things if im having a conversation ! I would really like to know some good books. ! Thanks ladies

Gosloving 1 child; Washington 12831 posts
6th Jun '13

I use this method. I usually count to one and she'll do what I tell her to do. I never get to three.

TrixieGirl Due July 4; 1 child; Maryland 1175 posts
6th Jun '13

I used 1-2-3-magic when I worked in the public school system. I really liked it and felt that it was very helpful...I think the book is worth buying/borrowing and reading for sure.

Gosloving 1 child; Washington 12831 posts
6th Jun '13

Lmao. I totally missed the part where it said "books". Never heard of the 1,2,3 magic books. Only magic books.

Tiarras mommy & 1 Due December 24; 1 child; Amityville, New York 676 posts
6th Jun '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting TrixieGirl:</b>" I used 1-2-3-magic when I worked in the public school system. I really liked it and felt that it was very helpful...I think the book is worth buying/borrowing and reading for sure."</blockquote>

Would they have them at the library by any chance ? Or is it a book I can only buy on their website?

7th Jun '13
Quoting Tiarras mommy:" <blockquote><b>Quoting TrixieGirl:</b>" I used 1-2-3-magic when I worked in the public ... [snip!] ... Would they have them at the library by any chance ? Or is it a book I can only buy on their website?"

I know its sold on Amazon.com I'm not sure if the library carries it but its worth looking into. Do you have any used book stores where you live?

7th Jun '13
Quoting Now and Forever:" Lmao. I totally missed the part where it said "books". Never heard of the 1,2,3 magic books. Only magic books."

Yep, there is a 1-2-3 magic book. Its a very specific dicipline tecnique and goes a bit further than just having the parent do a count down. I found it to be very effecitve and plan on rebuying the book for my son since im a bit out of practice.