4 week paleo results mama2manyyy 33 kids; South Carolina 1823 posts
10th Jun '13

I went on the paleo diet four weeks ago and so far have had great results. I have lost 16lbs and have gone down about two pants sizes. My blood sugar before starting was in the prediabetic range, my fasting was almost in the diabetic range and now my sugar has completely regulated. My fasting went from 115-120 to the 70's. My bp has also went from high down to normal. This is the longest I have ever stuck with a diet and am looking at it as a new lifestyle. Eating all natural has also caused me to change what I put on my body. I have started using only all natural body products on myself and my son. I am really happy with my new lifestyle and know that I have a long road ahead of me to get to my ideal weight but in the end my effort will pay off. I am now the same weight I was when I got pregnant with my first but my stomach has so much loose, stretched out skin now so I am bigger now.
I added some before and after pictures, but I cannot tell much of a difference in the pictures. Don't look at the pictures if you do not want to see a fat girl in underwear.
IMAG0100_zps4546d167.jpg258lbs
IMAG0244_zpsa7923190.jpg242lbs
IMAG0101_zpsc3508518.jpg258 lbs
IMAG0243_zps1e0b2d6e.jpg242lbs.

Amy {OneGirl, TwoBoys} 3 kids; Cincinnati, Oh, United States 24256 posts
10th Jun '13

you can see a difference! keep it up :)

mama2manyyy 33 kids; South Carolina 1823 posts
10th Jun '13
Quoting Amy {OneGirl, TwoBoys}:" you can see a difference! keep it up :)"

Thank you! Looking at them now in the post on top of each other i can tell, when I uploaded to photobucket I couldn't tell much difference and was disappointed.

Dana +4 4 kids; Ontario 951 posts
10th Jun '13

Great job! I can see a big difference too!!

Amy {OneGirl, TwoBoys} 3 kids; Cincinnati, Oh, United States 24256 posts
10th Jun '13
Quoting TmA's mommy:" Thank you! Looking at them now in the post on top of each other i can tell, when I uploaded to photobucket I couldn't tell much difference and was disappointed."

what is this diet?

Flower♥Child Litchfield, NY, United States 69192 posts
10th Jun '13

Good job! I definitely see a difference. Keep it up :)

Gone 17 kids; Miami, FL, United States 15414 posts
10th Jun '13

Good job! You don't really even have to think of it as a "diet", it's really just how humans are supposed to eat - real food!

akmaldo 1 child; Georgia 2778 posts
10th Jun '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Amy {OneGirl, TwoBoys}:</b>" what is this diet? "</blockquote>

Anything you can pick or kill in the woods you can eat!

mama2manyyy 33 kids; South Carolina 1823 posts
11th Jun '13
Quoting Amy {OneGirl, TwoBoys}:" what is this diet? "

You don't eat anything processed or any grains, legumes, sweeteners, etc. You eat a lot of fat, about 50-70% of your calories should come from fat ideally but you eat good fat like coconut oil, olive oil, clarified butter, avocados, nuts and the fat from meat. Eating paleo is supposed to help with a lot of health issues, especially allergies and stomach problems. So far my allergies have gotten better, I stopped taking otc meds for it.