37 weeks 5 days J+C+B=3 19 kids; Godfrey, Illinois 391 posts
12th Jun '13

I know that contractions are part of the 3rd trimester and I have quite used to them since this is my 3rd full term pregnancy. However, I have been having contractions for the past 24 or so hours. Most of the time they are pretty constant about 2-4 mins apart for an hour or more but then I will go a half hour without them. Is this normal?

Amy mommy of 4 Due June 27; 51 kids; Arlington, Washington 361 posts
12th Jun '13

Im the exact same as you and feeling the exact thing is you. If u want go in. The assured me there us no such thing as crying wolf in last tri. Good luck mommy

J+C+B=3 19 kids; Godfrey, Illinois 391 posts
12th Jun '13
Quoting Amy mommy of 4:" Im the exact same as you and feeling the exact thing is you. If u want go in. The assured me there us no such thing as crying wolf in last tri. Good luck mommy"

Thank you and to you as well. I told my husband that if I feel like this tomorrow I am going to get checked out. It is so painful and I've had 2 natural deliveries. I know all about pain lol.

White Chocolate Milk 1 child; Chelsea, Alabama 12303 posts
12th Jun '13

You're probably in early labor. Which can last anywhere from a day to weeks. If you want, I would probably call your doctor in the morning and tell them, and see if you can come in to have your contractions monitored. They may be able to give you some kind of indication of how strong they are and how much longer it may be.

Amy mommy of 4 Due June 27; 51 kids; Arlington, Washington 361 posts
12th Jun '13

Yeah thats what I was explained. I was in early labor and have been for 2 weeks and they encouraged me that these contractions are doing something cause I am 70% but the dialation part isnt happening. I hope it does soon. Cause my uterus is tired. Thats why they told me they hurt more each day cause its been working out for a while now.. makes sense. Hopefully active labor soon for us! We need labor dust

Melissa Juel Due June 21; 1 child; Glenside, Pennsylvania 135 posts
12th Jun '13

I went in to early labor on 6/9/13 this past Sunday feeling the same as you are and I was only dilated 2cms well I got there and my contractions were super strong and that after noon I had my son so I would go get looked at...

13th Jun '13
Quoting Melissa Juel:" I went in to early labor on 6/9/13 this past Sunday feeling the same as you are and I was only dilated ... [snip!] ... 2cms well I got there and my contractions were super strong and that after noon I had my son so I would go get looked at..."

Contractions are almost completely gone but I passed my mucus plug last night. So I think I may go soon. I hope so. I have 15 days left. Congrats on having your baby, hopefully it wasn't too early though.

Melissa Juel Due June 21; 1 child; Glenside, Pennsylvania 135 posts
14th Jun '13

No he was 38wks but I think he was full term all 40wks because he was 2wks a head:) thank you you'll go soon

15th Jun '13
Quoting Melissa Juel:" No he was 38wks but I think he was full term all 40wks because he was 2wks a head:) thank you you'll go soon"

I wound up in L&D from falling today and I'm 3 cm and 75% effaced. So I don't think i have much longer :) That's great he was at least 38 weeks. I'm 38 weeks 1 days now.