14 month old SLEEP Baby Liam =D 1 child; Marshfield, Vermont 529 posts
16th Jun '13

My son, who is going to be 14 months has recently decided that he is afraid of his crib or something. I have no clue but he goes to sleep nursing right before bed....then he will wake up screaming so I go in and try to console him (even though it doesn't work and after a while of him grabbing at me and wanting to be cuddled and go back to sleep I end up picking him back up.) He did just start walking about 3 weeks ago. He will go right to sleep if I end up picking him up and cuddle him. The problem is when I go to lay him back down he wakes up as I am laying him down. I don't like CIO method and only did it for a few minutes so I could take a breather by myself. Any suggestions? I do cosleep usually half way through the night because I get tired and fall asleep with him. I don't mind picking him up and getting up with him but I would also like to teach him that he is fine and its time for bed. I don't mind cuddling him either. He just started doing this starting a couple days ago. Hes done it for about 4 days.

Jennybananna 2 kids; Gilbert, AZ, United States 25079 posts
16th Jun '13

Have you tried a toddler bed?

James & John's Mommy 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Overton, Texas 3248 posts
16th Jun '13

have u tried white noise or rubbing on his back to console him back to sleep? i know it can be difficult to keep them asleep after rocking them

Anabelle's mommy Due July 6 (girl); 2 kids; Massillon, Ohio 182 posts
16th Jun '13

Watching this having a similar problem with our baby girl 14 months also.

Baby Liam =D 1 child; Marshfield, Vermont 529 posts
16th Jun '13

I haven't tried putting him into a toddler bed. His crib converts to a toddler bed but I didn't know when to switch it. I have tried rubbing his back, telling him everything is okay, giving him an article or my clothing, etc. I have tried white noise and his machine that makes musical sounds. Nothing seems to make him want to stay in his crib.

James & John's Mommy 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Overton, Texas 3248 posts
17th Jun '13

could just be a phase, it happens sometimes. Im sure it will get better and you will find something that works for you and your child.