30 Day Shred. Disappointed. [[amanda]] 2 kids; 5 angel babies; Missouri 4531 posts
19th Jun '13

I've tried the 30 Day Shred several times before but I would always get maybe two days into it and be too tired to keep it up. I was working 3am-noon, had two kids and wasn't eating enough so I definitely couldn't add working out to that lol.

I'm working a normal shift now and the kids are easier now that they're getting older so I decided to start toning up for summer. I did the Level 1 work out, took a break for one day just in case I was sore, and I did have some burning in my legs, then did it two days in a row and wasn't sore at all after that. Blah.

So tonight I did the Level 2 just to see if I will be sore tomorrow. I kept up with Level 2 without any issues and have kinda become disheartened with this work out dvd. I thought it would be the answer since it's so hard to get to the gym with these kiddos.

Is it just me or does this video seem weak sauce?? I expected more from you, Jillian!!!!

Any recommendations for other work out dvds that you mommas like?

(Btw, I decided to just stop posting personal shit on here since BD keeps snooping... HI BD!!!! :P )

Turd Ferguson Bangkok, Thailand 4583 posts
19th Jun '13

I lost 40lbs doing the Shred. Keep doing it. It's not weak once you've made it a part of your regimen everyday. You will feel it.

Mrs. Post-tato Head 4 kids; 1 angel baby; 6794 posts
19th Jun '13

Get her Shed and Shred. That'll up your game ;)

Squeaky McGee 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Indiana 65030 posts
19th Jun '13

If you want to tone up, try Ripped in 30. You don't look like you need to lose even an ounce. I did Ripped in 30 just for the purpose of toning and noticed a difference within 30 days.

[[amanda]] 2 kids; 5 angel babies; Missouri 4531 posts
19th Jun '13
Quoting Squeaky McGee [34 wks]:" If you want to tone up, try Ripped in 30. You don't look like you need to lose even an ounce. I did Ripped in 30 just for the purpose of toning and noticed a difference within 30 days."

Thanks, momma. I'm 5'7'' and 135, I'm happy with my weight, just want to tone up. I just feel like this is too easy. I don't feel sore and am barely sweating in the end. I want my ass kicked lol.

I'll check out these other suggestions, thanks ladies!

Whitnaaaaaay Due March 27; 3 kids; Maryland 2365 posts
19th Jun '13

Six Weeks to Six Pack (I think that's what it's called) is an ass kicker!

Noah and Baby J's mommy 50 kids; Oregon 3446 posts
19th Jun '13

Insanity works wonders.

Mooches 16 kids; Japan 1869 posts
19th Jun '13

I dont like that DVD. Insanity is pretty "fun"

[[amanda]] 2 kids; 5 angel babies; Missouri 4531 posts
19th Jun '13
Quoting Mooches:" I dont like that DVD. Insanity is pretty "fun" "

I really don't either. She seemed all over the place in level 2.

akmaldo 1 child; Georgia 2778 posts
19th Jun '13

If you want to tone you should do ChaLean Extreme, p90x, insanity, turbo fire or Combat. They're all fun!

Whitnaaaaaay Due March 27; 3 kids; Maryland 2365 posts
19th Jun '13
Quoting Noahs Mommy =]:" Insanity works wonders."

Agree. You will DEFINITELY get your money's worth. That's for sure!

Made in China 1 child; 2 angel babies; Texas 6713 posts
20th Jun '13

Whenever I did the 30 Day Shred I only did level 3. It's the only level I feel ANYTHING with.