2 year olds teeth? Meℓony ♥ 1 child; Huntsville, AL, United States 3798 posts
27th Jun '13

I have a question about DS's teeth... she has just about all of them in, but the top four are growing like.. they are at an angle and going in.. is that something to worry about? or will they become straight as she gets older? She does still take a pacifier, but not as often, mostly only if she is refusing to sleep, which is maybe a few nights a week. She will be 2 July 11th. I know, she should see the dentist but I'm working on getting her an appointment.

Tara plus 2.5:) Due October 10; 34 kids; Missouri 2770 posts
27th Jun '13

Well her teeth are gonna fall out in a couple years anyways so I wouldn't worry too much about it. But I would definitely get her a appt asap. They recommend kids seeing a dentist when they get their first teeth. And the pacifier has got to go! I'm sure you know that but that could be part of the reason for that. Plus she's a big girl she will be fine! :)

Tanner Landon 2 kids; Minneapolis, Minnesota 5 posts
27th Jun '13

I wouldn't worry about it too much of course you want to get her off the pacifier asap but her teeth will fall out and as her mouth gets bigger they'll change how they sit in her mouth too and most dentist won't see them til they're two so don't be stressing that she hasn't been yet but when she's two then get her appointment set up

Tara plus 2.5:) Due October 10; 34 kids; Missouri 2770 posts
28th Jun '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Tanner Landon:</b>" I wouldn't worry about it too much of course you want to get her off the pacifier asap but her teeth ... [snip!] ... see them til they're two so don't be stressing that she hasn't been yet but when she's two then get her appointment set up"</blockquote>

Pediactric dentists see them as soon as their first tooth comes in.

Tanner Landon 2 kids; Minneapolis, Minnesota 5 posts
28th Jun '13

no not always because the dentist my son would be seeing won't see him til he's two

Meℓony ♥ 1 child; Huntsville, AL, United States 3798 posts
29th Jun '13

Thanks ladies! I figured she would be okay since she would start losing them in a few years. SO's mom was saying "oh her teeth are growing in like Gayle's! (SO's older sister) i hope she doesn't have to have braces, you need to get her off that paci it will mess her teeth up" but SO's teeth looked kinda like LO's too and he didn't need them, his bottom teeth are kinda crooked but you can't see it. And I read that the only way they will mess her teeth up is when they have them from 4-6 when adult teeth come in. I just wanted to make sure lol. And she's been doing good without the paci, so im not worried about that but thanks!