4 year old wants to change his name. user banned
7th Jul '13

My son has an unusual first name. With his autism he renames almost everyone and everything and now that includes himself.

He wants his middle name to be Kazootie.

:shock:

He won't answer me unless I call him "Mr. Balou Kazootie"

I'm going to feel like an idiot whenever we go to the store. :lol:

Little Richard's mommie! Due July 12 (boy); 1 child; Seneca, South Carolina 4430 posts
7th Jul '13
Quoting MommyO28:" My son has an unusual first name. With his autism he renames almost everyone and everything and now that ... [snip!] ... He won't answer me unless I call him "Mr. Balou Kazootie" I'm going to feel like an idiot whenever we go to the store. :lol:"

Aw how cute!

Ladee+Grant+Lilly 2 kids; Tallahassee, FL, United States 20835 posts
7th Jul '13

LOL I take it he likes Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends??

[yo.] 1 child; Gayville, South Dakota 13371 posts
7th Jul '13

lol. when people look at you strange, just look back at them the same way. and be like, 'I bet your name isn't much better!'

lacTAYtor. ☮ 3 kids; North Carolina 4496 posts
7th Jul '13

Oh my gosh. :lol: That's funny.

user banned Japan 1310 posts
7th Jul '13
Quoting Ladee+Grant+Lilly:" LOL I take it he likes Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends??"

I don't think he's ever seen it? Is either name in that?

7th Jul '13
Quoting MommyO28:" I don't think he's ever seen it? Is either name in that?"

One of the main characters is Bloo Kazoo (pronounced, blue kazoo like the musical instrument)

Sugarhiccup LLC ; 5 kids; Lahaina, Hawaii 2842 posts
7th Jul '13

Awe, I say go with it :). I went through calling my oldest Optimas Prime when he was 5 and currently I have a Batman (3) sometimes Bruce Wayne depending on his mood.

user banned Japan 1310 posts
7th Jul '13
Quoting Ladee+Grant+Lilly:" One of the main characters is Bloo Kazoo (pronounced, blue kazoo like the musical instrument)"

He refuses to watch anything other than Peppa Pig and Max and Ruby. His TV is only on Nick Jr. :lol:

Balou is the name I gave him.

ρiηkie ρie 3 kids; 3 angel babies; Kentucky 21902 posts
7th Jul '13

Haha. Cute. DD's nickname is Turd Bird. She even tells people "I'm the Turd Bird!" when they ask her name. :lol: I get so many weird looks when we're out in public. Idgaf. She's the turdiest dirty birdy that ever their was. :)

Simply, Mom 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Upland, 11735 posts
7th Jul '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Sugarhiccup

7th Jul '13
Quoting MommyO28:" He refuses to watch anything other than Peppa Pig and Max and Ruby. His TV is only on Nick Jr. :lol: Balou is the name I gave him."

Nice! I say go with it! YOLO right?

The Pretender 2 kids; Brazil 1232 posts
7th Jul '13
Quoting ρiηkie ρie:" Haha. Cute. DD's nickname is Turd Bird. She even tells people "I'm the Turd Bird!" when they ask her ... [snip!] ... name. :lol: I get so many weird looks when we're out in public. Idgaf. She's the turdiest dirty birdy that ever their was. :)"

I love this. I tease with my daughter when she's being weird and say, "You're my little psycho, aren't you?"

Much to my surprise, we were out and about when she said to someone, "I'm my mommy's little psycho."

Love the looks on their faces.

user banned 1 child; Nunya, CA, United States 6369 posts
7th Jul '13

COMPLETELY awesome and I would totally do it!

A similar thing happened to a childhood friend of mine. She watched a TV show and there was a nurse on there named, "Dixie". She INSISTED she be called that. Her mom was so cool, she had a meeting with her 2nd grade teacher and told her to honor the name choice. She got her name card changed and put "Dixie" on every paper she turned in.

Her mom saved that whole years worth of work! I laughed hysterically the first time that her mom showed them to me and told me the story.

Super great. Go for it.

ρiηkie ρie 3 kids; 3 angel babies; Kentucky 21902 posts
7th Jul '13
Quoting The Pretender:" I love this. I tease with my daughter when she's being weird and say, "You're my little psycho, aren't ... [snip!] ... my surprise, we were out and about when she said to someone, "I'm my mommy's little psycho." Love the looks on their faces. "

Lol. Too funny.