7 weeks PP spinal pain. Devil Duckie 3 kids; New York 48700 posts
8th Jul '13

Theo was born May 17th. I've had 2 previous eipidural's with no real issues. I didn't even really feel them.

This time, I felt everything being put in and it hurt. Fast forward 7 weeks later and my spine kills me some days. Not my back, just my spine. Has anyone experienced this? Did it eventually get better?

A&J. ♥ 1 child; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 5613 posts
8th Jul '13

When I had my epidural, the anesthesiologist had a very hard time getting it in properly. I could feel him putting it and taking it out and putting it in and taking it out. Over and over and over. He told me it was hard for him because I have slight scoliosis.

For months afterwards my spine hurt. I brought it up to my doctor several times and he said it was just sore and would go away... But it took about 6 months.

Devil Duckie 3 kids; New York 48700 posts
8th Jul '13
Quoting A&J. ♥:" When I had my epidural, the anesthesiologist had a very hard time getting it in properly. I could feel ... [snip!] ... hurt. I brought it up to my doctor several times and he said it was just sore and would go away... But it took about 6 months."

I'm glad you're feeling better. Were you able to take something to at least help with the pain?

*Mary Moon* 1 child; New York 3601 posts
8th Jul '13

Yup. They told me it would happened because he "missed the space" and hit a nerve. I felt it too. I told him it hurt and he walked me through what happened. he had to reinsert it. I had temporary nerve damage. Hurt like a beast for the better part of a year. I was told it would heal over time and it did. It was also accompanied by sudden headaches. I would get stabbing pain in the small of my back and a horrible headache, within minutes of each other.

8th Jul '13
Quoting *Mary Moon*:" Yup. They told me it would happened because he "missed the space" and hit a nerve. I felt it too. I told ... [snip!] ... by sudden headaches. I would get stabbing pain in the small of my back and a horrible headache, within minutes of each other."

Mine just feels like a sudden and deep bruise that shoots up my spine and then lingers for hours.

*Mary Moon* 1 child; New York 3601 posts
8th Jul '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Devil Duckie:</b>" Mine just feels like a sudden and deep bruise that shoots up my spine and then lingers for hours. "</blockquote>

That's what it felt like most of the time. It was only when I got a stabbing pain that I got the headache. The headaches and stabbing pain made the constant pain look like kid stuff and I was relieved when just the pain remained. It definitely has me thinking twice about the epidural for another baby. I know it felt awesome once I got it in right, but I still haven't forgotten the after effects of the epidural.
I'm sorry you are in pain! I hope you have a quick recovery. I assume you already saw your OB for your 6 week, but I wouldn't be shy about making another appointment. They spent the last x amounts of weeks doting on you, they could spare another visit to check you out and see if you need to have your PCP look you over or refer you. Or just skip the middle man and make an appointment with your PCP.

A&J. ♥ 1 child; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 5613 posts
8th Jul '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Devil Duckie:</b>" I'm glad you're feeling better. Were you able to take something to at least help with the pain? "</blockquote>

Yes thankfully that was almost five years ago and I don't hurt anymore. I took Aleve and had to take Tylenol pm in order to sleep because I couldn't get comfortable. Exactly like how you described in your last post, it felt like a deep bruise. Hope you also have some relief soon.

8th Jul '13
Quoting *Mary Moon*:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Devil Duckie:</b>" Mine just feels like a sudden and deep ... [snip!] ... see if you need to have your PCP look you over or refer you. Or just skip the middle man and make an appointment with your PCP."

I have to call and get my release to go back to work. I'll talk to the nurse and see what she says. As long as I can find something that helps. I have a desk job and can't imagine having to put up w/this and nothing to make it feel better.