3 kids? ~CjandCjsMommy~ TTC since Jun 2013; 2 kids; Louisville, Kentucky 98 posts
12th Jul '13

My husband and I have two children we have a 4 year old and a 18 month old. Last night my husband asked me if we could start trying for baby #3. Ladies who have three kiddos is it crazy? I desperately want another baby but im worried because most of the time its going to be me taking care of all three while hubby is at work... his job is very demanding and could be gone for days at a time. Im just looking for your advice on having three kids...

Cαtwomαn 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Gotham, DC, United States 12929 posts
12th Jul '13

From what I heard going from 2-3 is easier than going from 1-2.

~CjandCjsMommy~ TTC since Jun 2013; 2 kids; Louisville, Kentucky 98 posts
12th Jul '13
Quoting Killingℬird |67|:" From what I heard going from 2-3 is easier than going from 1-2."

That would be awesome because I L OVED going from 1 to 2!! It was seriously a breeze! I hope going from 2 to 3 is just as easy!

Summerfrost 51 kids; Massachusetts 6830 posts
12th Jul '13

My boys are 5,3, and 20 months. The baby stage IMO was a piece of cake. He just fit into our schedule. There was a bit of an adjustment period when he got mobile though. :) There are some days that are pretty crazy here. My boys are high energy and I swear the house shakes. Our 3rd wasn't planned, but I'm glad we had another baby. There are some days I even consider having another one.. lol I doubt it's going to happen though.

Dont worry about it♥ California 4151 posts
12th Jul '13

Having three really isnt that much diffrent than having two. My lo's actually like having a little sister, and are actually pretty helpful with her. The only real struggle I have is my youngest DD has a medical condition called VUR. Which were often @ drs with, and appts can be a struggle. Other than that everything else seems like a cake walk.

California Dreaming ♡ Due April 25; 3 kids; The Valley, CA, United States 3088 posts
status 12th Jul '13

We have an 8 yr old, 6 yr old, and 8 month old. I love it and already have baby fever lol.

12th Jul '13
Quoting Summerfrost:" My boys are 5,3, and 20 months. The baby stage IMO was a piece of cake. He just fit into our schedule. ... [snip!] ... I'm glad we had another baby. There are some days I even consider having another one.. lol I doubt it's going to happen though."

Your post made me super happy! I love my crazy boys! lol I really want a third one!! Its the baby stage Im worried about!

user banned 21 kids; North Dakota 3800 posts
12th Jul '13

DH and I are the opposite, I guess. One was a big change, obviously. Two was nothing. Three was another big change (because now they outnumbered us) and 4 and 5 have been easy. I think once they outnumber you it really doesn't matter and my uncle (has 7 kids) says the same thing.

Summerfrost 51 kids; Massachusetts 6830 posts
12th Jul '13
Quoting ~Cj&Cj'sMommy~:" Your post made me super happy! I love my crazy boys! lol I really want a third one!! Its the baby stage Im worried about!"

I think my biggest issue with my youngest is that he's a climber. He was climbing a month or 2 before he was even walking. And at 10 months, they don't think about stuff like gravity. I have 2 main types of pictures of him on facebook. Him eating (he eats like a horse and is skinny) or him getting into trouble. :) He's a happy baby though so it's hard to get mad at him.

Mrs. Post-tato Head 4 kids; 1 angel baby; 6812 posts
12th Jul '13

It just depends on your attitude toward it and how patient you can be LOL We have three kids back to back (5, 4, 3) and honestly, it wasn't that bad. You have to resign to the fact that you're outnumbered now and you can't always do what one kid wants when they want it. You just have to be patient, roll with the punches, and remember to treasure this time you have with your kids when they're young.

A schedule/routine becomes important even after going from one to two, so just try to stick to your routine and relax and enjoy your babies :)

Honestly, I have fun with it. It's not that bad at all. I love kids and I've resigned to the fact that kids will be kids and there will be good days and bad days, but it's all part of life :)

12th Jul '13

Thanks for all the advice guys! I appreciate it.