32 months old. Normal? Mandy Schlatterer Due March 27; 2 kids; New Port Richey, Florida 1334 posts
20th Jul

Are these things normal or above average?

-Remembering up to a year ago (movies, dogs, people)
-Knowing now, later, first, after, yesterday, today, and tomorrow and using them correctly
-Today his dad asked him what they did yesterday, he says "went to wal mart, got dog food and water, went to uncles house, went to eat pizza, and then home!"
-Using bribes, deals, and negotiating (such as requesting two more candies and he'll sit still, or one more episode before bed time) and not from me to him, but he presents these offers to me

Are these pretty average?

nursemaya mom to 3! 3 kids; 5 angel babies; Minnesota 16002 posts
20th Jul

Yeah my daughter did that between 2 and 3. My son has a scary wicked memory for everything... When's it's convenient for him.

Mandy Schlatterer Due March 27; 2 kids; New Port Richey, Florida 1334 posts
20th Jul
Quoting nursemaya (33weeks):" Yeah my daughter did that between 2 and 3. My son has a scary wicked memory for everything... When's it's convenient for him."

lol that is true, he never wants to remember the things that aren't in his favor :P

Nikkie Beee Due January 29; 2 kids; Victorville, California 3968 posts
20th Jul

For an almost 3year old, sounds about right. The bribing thing is a bit early, but cute and smart. He knows what he wants and is willing to negotiate lol

Vitameatavegamin 19 kids; League City, Texas 5828 posts
20th Jul

I'd say it's probably on the high end or normal for his age. He's quick!

20th Jul

Everywhere we go people comment on how smart he is.
He potty trained himself, I just sat out the pottys and told him to go, and from that night he never wet the bed but three times.
But....he STILL cannot eat with a spoon.
LOL. Darn kid still has me feed him, or he puts it on the spoon with his hand.

Summerfrost 51 kids; Massachusetts 5710 posts
20th Jul

Yep normal. I really would stop obsessing about this stuff. Kids change so quickly, especially around 1 to 3. I mean they go from being a blob of baby to a walking talking toddler with a personality. Even if he sat down tomorrow and composed some music equal to that of Mozart, you still want him to be a toddler and preschooler. If it was some type of autism related issues/developmental *delay* , then yes you need to stay on top of it and get the proper therapists/teachers,etc. Outside of that, it's truly not necessary. It's not hurting him to let him be a kid.

20th Jul
Quoting Summerfrost:" Yep normal. I really would stop obsessing about this stuff. Kids change so quickly, especially around ... [snip!] ... get the proper therapists/teachers,etc. Outside of that, it's truly not necessary. It's not hurting him to let him be a kid."

I know, you're right.
It's just whenever he says something that shocks me I start obsessing for a bit....
Bad habit I guess.

Boobo&bugs Due September 24; 1 child; Simpsonville, South Carolina 5609 posts
20th Jul

To be honest it sounds completely normal. If a child wasn't doing those things I'd be worried. Or I've just always been around smart children lol.

Tara plus 2.5:) Due October 10; 34 kids; Missouri 2770 posts
20th Jul

<blockquote><b>Quoting Mandy Schlatterer:</b>" Everywhere we go people comment on how smart he is. He potty trained himself, I just sat out the pottys ... [snip!] ... times. But....he STILL cannot eat with a spoon. LOL. Darn kid still has me feed him, or he puts it on the spoon with his hand."</blockquote>

Sounds pretty normal. He can't eat with a spoon by his self tho? That's kinda strange. I would make him do it everytime

Diana plus 2 2 kids; Norfolk, Virginia 3576 posts
20th Jul

It all sounds normal to me. My 2 1/2 year old does all that. She'll talk about her birthday party she had last year and how happy that made her.
The spoon is a little different. But then again, my daughter either wants me to feed her with a spoon (usually when she thinks she's a cat or a dog) or she gets really adament about feeding herself with it. I'm sure he'll get the hang of the spoon.