15 month old bedtime routine Kimber's Mommy 1 child; South Carolina 4272 posts
21st Jul '13

I was just wondering what kind of bedtime routine other mothers have for their toddler around this age and how well they go to sleep. DD gets a bath first, then a book, a little water, then she listens to music (she's into bluegrass right now) and cuddles and falls asleep. She usually falls asleep pretty easily. Everything, apart from the bath, happens in her room. How does your toddler fall asleep? Do you still cuddle them to sleep?

Kells. 18 kids; Fucking, Austria 17622 posts
21st Jul '13

My youngest is 14 months and we don't really have a routine. I feed him, and then he falls asleep. We just move him into his bed after that.

user banned 2 kids; Georgia 24891 posts
21st Jul '13

bath, snack, brush teeth, book or 2 with cuddles, then she goes to her bed and goes to sleep.

Kimber's Mommy 1 child; South Carolina 4272 posts
21st Jul '13

Forgot to mention brushing her teeth. She used to go to sleep in her bed on her own. I wish she would again.

Boobo&bugs 2 kids; Simpsonville, South Carolina 7706 posts
21st Jul '13

Bath, story, nurse, go to sleep. Although usually she only sleeps by herself for a few hours before she wakes up and I move her into bed with me.

I'm His Amy He's My Rory 2 kids; Caldwell, Idaho 49343 posts
21st Jul '13

Dinner, bath and teeth, pj's, kisses and put him to bed with his musical light mobile on his crib.

Leah+2 2 kids; Texas 5797 posts
21st Jul '13

My son is 3. His routine is bathand teeth, jammies, hugs and kisses, water, and bed and we leave the room. If we drag it out more than that he gets super hyper and it falls apart. It's been like this for almost a year now. He has a nighttime scout that plays music for 20 minutes and we have the radio on low too.

Mandee ♥ 2 kids; Norfolk, VA, United States 1130 posts
21st Jul '13

We don't really have much of a routine... I'll nurse DD until she's starting to get drowsy and then we'll brush her teeth.. I'll rock her to sleep and then lay her in her crib..

She typically wakes up sometime between 2am-3:30am for another round of nursing/rocking in the chair..

21st Jul '13
Quoting Mandee ♥:" We don't really have much of a routine... I'll nurse DD until she's starting to get drowsy and then we'll ... [snip!] ... lay her in her crib.. She typically wakes up sometime between 2am-3:30am for another round of nursing/rocking in the chair.."

how old is she?

21st Jul '13
Quoting A❤T=P&W:" how old is she? "

She's almost 16 months old..

21st Jul '13
Quoting Mandee ♥:" She's almost 16 months old.."

I'd die if DD1 wasn't sleeping through the night! DD2 has been having some issues for a few weeks and has stopped sleeping through the night, our house has be chaos! lol

21st Jul '13
Quoting A❤T=P&W:" I'd die if DD1 wasn't sleeping through the night! DD2 has been having some issues for a few weeks and has stopped sleeping through the night, our house has be chaos! lol"

DD has always been more efficient at nursing at night.. Can't say it doesn't get exhausting sometimes - but for the most part, it's not that bad..

21st Jul '13
Quoting Mandee ♥:" DD has always been more efficient at nursing at night.. Can't say it doesn't get exhausting sometimes - but for the most part, it's not that bad.."

Is she nursing for comfort?